Groups

Mot on scooters

Bought a scooter in may this year and im going to get it service int he new year - but i cant find an MOT certificate nor a log book /service book

As it was a new scooter im thinking i wasnt supposed to get either - can someone confirm or deny - and also tell me how long before i need to do a mot on a new bike

or is it not within the first 3 years a mot needs doing?>

6 Comments

Original Poster

Ive tried the mot website to see if i can bring it up but i get this

MOT Status Check - No test status availableWe are unable to process your … MOT Status Check - No test status availableWe are unable to process your request because of one of the following reasons:you supplied the V5C Document Reference Number which relates to the latest Registration Certificate as issued by DVLA but the vehicle has no test that may be reported on,oryou supplied a V5C Registration Certificate Document Reference Number which DVLA has replaced by a later document and there are no tests which took place before the date of issue of the later document that may be reported on,orthe test referred to by the test number may not be reported on.In all cases we do not report on tests where:the test did not have a valid resultthe test is subject to an appeal.

scooter has to be 3 years old before it needs a MOT

Any scooter, or other motor vehicle, does not need an MOT test until it is 3 years old.
    You don't usually get a service book these days, just keep the service receipts you are given as the service history.
    Generally scooters need the oil changing after the first 600 miles because 1. They only put cheap oil in in the first place. 2. There will be lots of bits floating roung in the oil that has come off the engine from new as the components bed in....

Original Poster

onlyme23;7352070

scooter has to be 3 years old before it needs a MOT

elditig;7352146

Any scooter, or other motor vehicle, does not need an MOT test until it … Any scooter, or other motor vehicle, does not need an MOT test until it is 3 years old.You don't usually get a service book these days, just keep the service receipts you are given as the service history. Generally scooters need the oil changing after the first 600 miles because 1. They only put cheap oil in in the first place. 2. There will be lots of bits floating roung in the oil that has come off the engine from new as the components bed in....

Oh right thanks guys - repped - jsut booked in in for servicing done about 1300k - £78 not bad if they give it a thorough checking over - had to charge the battery the other day - damn cold weather

waht kind of scooter have you got mate

Original Poster

shedboy66;7352391

waht kind of scooter have you got mate

Piaggio fly 100cc

http://www.velos-motos-keller.ch/bilder/roller/piaggio/piaggio_fly_50_schwarz.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1627
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2663
      3. word survey912
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions