Groups
    EXPIRED

MOT runs out Monday - Can I drive on Monday?

MOT expires 14/03/2011 - does this mean I can drive on this day but not after, or just before?

11 Comments

Could be wrong i always thought this meant expires midnight on the date eg, midnight 14/3/11

Original Poster

ok thanks, read that elsewhere too

As long as you pre-book an appointment to get it MOT'd you can drive it on the way to the garage without an MOT at anytime after Monday. but you must be driving it to the garage to a pre-booked appointment.

Bully

Could be wrong i always thought this meant expires midnight on the date … Could be wrong i always thought this meant expires midnight on the date eg, midnight 14/3/11

Your not wrong. Anything that expires on a certain date is valid until the end of that date, like you said it would be midnight of the date it expires.

Halfords have half price MOT at the moment.

inamar

Halfords have half price MOT at the moment.

It will fail, If they can't fail it they'll break something and then fail it.

shauneco

It will fail, If they can't fail it they'll break something and then fail … It will fail, If they can't fail it they'll break something and then fail it.

I would avoid a garage MOT at all costs!

Like shauneco says, they stand to gain work by failing it while a dedicated MOT service centre gain nothing by failing you and actually give away free work as most of them offer a free retest within a week.

The half price saving you make could add up to a lot more if they tell you a load of rubbish to get you to pay for work that doesn't need doing.

MOT expires 14/03/2011 - does this mean I can drive on this day but not … MOT expires 14/03/2011 - does this mean I can drive on this day but not after, or just before?

You can drive it on the day it expires.

In future, get it MOT'd up to a month before the certificate expires, and you will get 12 months from the expiry of the original ticket.

Carley

As long as you pre-book an appointment to get it MOT'd you can drive it … As long as you pre-book an appointment to get it MOT'd you can drive it on the way to the garage without an MOT at anytime after Monday. but you must be driving it to the garage to a pre-booked appointment.

This

The tags in this thread don't make sense

Banned

i have a free mot for life with my car.

if it fails the mot can i take it to another garage?

its getting tested on 29th and mot expires 22 days after that date

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5187
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764485
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?34205
    4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?28111

See more discussions