Groups

Mother of Christ

Belle to play title role in "Mother of Christ"

In a bid to attract the same faith-based moviegoers who made "The Passion of the Christ" a smash in 2004, Aloe Entertainment is producing "Mary, Mother of Christ." Skip related content

Camilla Belle, currently onscreen in the sci-fi thriller "Push," will play Mary. Jonathan Rhys Meyers ("The Tudors") will take on the double role of Gabriel and Lucifer, while Peter O'Toole is set as Symeon, who meets Mary and her family in the temple shortly after Jesus' birth.

Argentine director Alejandro Agresti ("The Lake House") will direct the film. Benedict Fitzgerald, who co-wrote "Passion," wrote the "Mary" screenplay with Barbara Nicolosi.

MGM will release the film in spring 2010

"This is not a Christmas movie," producer Mary Aloe said. "This is a part of Mary's life that has never been shown on the big screen before. It takes us through Mary's youth, young love, her life as a new mother and the triumph through the absolute terror of Herod the Great's reign. It is truly a story of real female empowerment."

Mods please move if in wrong place.x

4 Comments

Wasn't this done with "Mary of Nazareth" which came out after "Jesus of Nazareth" (I didn't like either of them)? Looks like the film idustry is cashing in on Easter again. I own a copy of the Passion, but have never watched it after reading negative reviews about it.

Original Poster

not sure, came across it before on yahoo which was posted 2 hours ago!
    uk.news.yahoo.com/22/…tml

I suppose she will be a virgin in this flick too, or will they dare to make her a real human who had sex like the rest of us?

Predikuesi;4303372

Wasn't this done with "Mary of Nazareth" which came out after "Jesus of … Wasn't this done with "Mary of Nazareth" which came out after "Jesus of Nazareth" (I didn't like either of them)? Looks like the film idustry is cashing in on Easter again. I own a copy of the Passion, but have never watched it after reading negative reviews about it.

Thought Passion was a really good film. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941357
      2. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{22
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.710
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32454

See more discussions