Groups
    EXPIRED

Motherboard and CPU

My motherboard (ASROCK 939 SATA II) BIOS has gone though the CPU (AMD X2 4200) works fine but as its an old setup I am going to upgrade as I purchased the following memory for £62 and now need a motherboard and CPU for £175 Max, maybe able to stretch to £200. Asking you guys for help as I'm not sure what to get.

I have the following for the new setup:

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

600W Modular PSU (name eludes me but its a top make)

1GB ATI Graphics Card

22" LED BenQ Screen + Logitech Laser Mouse and Keyboard + 2.1 Speaker Setup.

Therefore all I need is a Motherboard that can take the RAM, 4 slots would be preferred and I'm not fussed if its AMD or Intel.

Fire away with your recommendation and appreciate your help.

NB: Don't mind buying items of Novatech, Scan, Ebuyer, Ebay, Dabs and Amazon but not Pixamania

10 Comments

Do you wish to overclock Yes = Core i5-2500K No = Core i5-2500
    motherboard for overclock = P67 board,
    motherboard for onboard graphics and QuickSync H67

Loads to read up on from here.

Original Poster

Ill be using my own graphics card which has two DVI ports but would prefer on-board HDMI.

i5 2500k can be had for £150 mark, leaves me with £50 max for M/B, not much.

What would be the best AMD in relation to the 15 200K

Original Poster

Decided to go for the i5 2500K for £108, so now need a motherboard that is P67 as it appears you cant over-clock much using the H67

Original Poster

Anyone?

good price for an i5 2500k you sure its genuine?

Original Poster

Arrived today, looks real and he had 25 to sell. I have not tried mine yet as need to buy MB but some of the feedback received from other users is all posative so looks all good. Just need to get the Asus P8P67 Pro AtX now.

waqas

Arrived today, looks real and he had 25 to sell. I have not tried mine … Arrived today, looks real and he had 25 to sell. I have not tried mine yet as need to buy MB but some of the feedback received from other users is all posative so looks all good. Just need to get the Asus P8P67 Pro AtX now.

thats the same motherboard i'm looking at too! whats the cheapest you've found?

Original Poster

£106 I think it was though you can get a mATX for £94-96 from Amazon

waqas

£106 I think it was though you can get a mATX for £94-96 from Amazon

You got a link for the £106 please. all i need now is a psu, case and a gfx card

waqas

Decided to go for the i5 2500K for £108, so now need a motherboard that … Decided to go for the i5 2500K for £108, so now need a motherboard that is P67 as it appears you cant over-clock much using the H67

Where did you get this for £108 please?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions