Expired

Motherboard for Gaming (PC Gamers)

Posted 25th Sep
I am building a new System
Ryzen 3600
RX 5700 XT
16 gb DDR4 Ram
but idk if I should buy B450 Regular, Gaming Plus, Tomohawk, Tomohawk Max, etc

im thinking Tomohawk Max since it's the newest but it's the most expensive (still around the same price range)
what about X470 and X570?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Theres also Plus, Pro Gaming, Steel Legend, Gaming Plus Max lol

Honestly don't know
Edited by: "Norseg" 25th Sep
Personally, I’d go with ASUS X470 PRIME X470-PRO Motherboard - Black
amazon.co.uk/dp/…BQN
Vencurse25/09/2019 07:14

Personally, I’d go with ASUS X470 PRIME X470-PRO Motherboard - Black h …Personally, I’d go with ASUS X470 PRIME X470-PRO Motherboard - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C64R1TW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YwWIDbQCKABQN

I have this with a 3700x and it works nicely.

The alternative is to give it a few days and gran the new B540 chipset....
You need to do a comparision of chipsets to see the features of each and what you require.
Buy one of the cheapest ones that has the features you need. Motherboard won't affect game performance, except for what hardware it supports (CPU, memory speed), so it's mainly a case of which ports it has and any other functionality you might be using (onboard audio, wi-fi etc.).
Tomahawk max is still alot cheaper than x570 boards...
Maybe wait for eBay discount again... Or just grab it off CCL online or Amazon... Personally I think its very good board got everything u possible want..
DealDog25/09/2019 11:10

Tomahawk max is still alot cheaper than x570 boards... Maybe wait for …Tomahawk max is still alot cheaper than x570 boards... Maybe wait for eBay discount again... Or just grab it off CCL online or Amazon... Personally I think its very good board got everything u possible want..

Yeah I decided to go with that

I was thinking cheapest at first but I heard people had lots of problems didn't want to deal with that and probably going to hold it's value much longer im trying to future proof

I didn't even get notifications from this post lol
Vencurse25/09/2019 07:14

Personally, I’d go with ASUS X470 PRIME X470-PRO Motherboard - Black h …Personally, I’d go with ASUS X470 PRIME X470-PRO Motherboard - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C64R1TW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YwWIDbQCKABQN

Oh didn't get notifications

I bought MSI Tomohawk Max for £100
Oh well £55 cheaper so I probably would have gotten it,. thanks anyway

The Tomohawk Max just released so I guess it's still a good option
Edited by: "Norseg" 25th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants