Found 2nd Mar 2009
Well, I was thinking of getting a gift voucher for my mum...i dont really know where women shop so tips please

Budget £30

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
36 Comments

Instead of a gift voucher - why not listen to what she talks about as her interests or have a look to see what she might need new? I know it takes a bit more time and thought but am sure it would be appreciated more.

If you have to get a voucher - maybe get her one for something pampering like a facial or massage?

SmoochieHoney

well what age is she? what does she like/dislike? is she into clothes?

I agree with honey, just about anything is better than a voucher. If you're really worried why not a box of chocolates, a bouquet of flowers and a voucher for 20 quid?

Original Poster

She is about 40 (not giving too many details :p)
Nothing like experiances...clothes..ye..where abouts??
Any other ideas?

go into her wardrobe and check the label of her clothes. see if its from marks and sparks or whereever

just dont get caught or you might have a fair bit of explaining to do lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4531847

go into her wardrobe and check the label of her clothes. see if its from … go into her wardrobe and check the label of her clothes. see if its from marks and sparks or whereever :)just dont get caught or you might have a fair bit of explaining to do lol

So is M&S good? For clothes...?

I wouldnt want to try..:-D

I couldnt say where she would shop without knowing her lol

vouchers are very risky at the moment when we dont know how long any company will last

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4531873

I couldnt say where she would shop without knowing her lol

lol What are M&S clothes like? .. Quality, price etc?

I would love it if one of my lads bought me a voucher for a massage a facial or even a pedicure......most local salons do them x

Original Poster

bitseylango;4531879

I would love it if one of my lads bought me a voucher for a massage a … I would love it if one of my lads bought me a voucher for a massage a facial or even a pedicure......most local salons do them x

thanks, i'll have a look and see

dontdothatagain;4531878

lol What are M&S clothes like? .. Quality, price etc?

look on the internet site.

M and S are generally good for stock lingerie, bras etc. The style of everyday clothing is possibly a little "mumsy".

My kids know to get me the three "c"s ... chocolate, cushions and candles lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4531904

look on the internet site. M and S are generally good for stock lingerie, … look on the internet site. M and S are generally good for stock lingerie, bras etc. The style of everyday clothing is possibly a little "mumsy".

ive repped :thumbsup: (thumbsup)

Well she is a mum lol :-D (grin face)

Have a look at [url]www.theflowerstork.com[/url], they have gorgeous boquets and chocolate ones too, really lovely.

Original Poster

Banana79;4531935

Have a look at ]www.theflowerstork.com, they have gorgeous boquets and … Have a look at ]www.theflowerstork.com, they have gorgeous boquets and chocolate ones too, really lovely.

thanks, but they're expensive :w00t: ( exciting face )

dontdothatagain;4531949

thanks, but they're expensive :w00t: ( exciting face )

Mum's are worth every penny! :w00t:

Original Poster

Banana79;4531967

Mum's are worth every penny! :w00t:

I have a budget :w00t:
I dont have a job ;-)

Get a big pot from a local wilkinsons or DIY store and some soil or potting compost and pick a few small and pretty plants. Plant them in the pot yourself and voila you have an exciting " mini garden" created just for HER! ( wish my kids would do that for me lol )

dontdothatagain;4531979

I have a budget :w00t:I dont have a job ;-)

....and your mum will know that, a nice card with something really lovely and personal written inside always does it for me, something I can keep too. Im sure she doesnt expect a lavish gift......give her a hug and her card and tell her you love her x

have you got any siblings, neices nephews?
my neice got her mam a picture painted of them on canvas its lovely,
you send them a photo and they draw/paint it.
something that she can keep foreva

oh my brother-in-laws ex girlfriend made their mum a collage of all the photos of the two brothers and the children, uncles, aunts etc and framed it. It was gorgeous.

[url]www.flyingflowers.co.uk[/url] are good for flowers-and usually cheaper than other delivery firms-she'd love that-maybe like the other poster said get flowers and a voucher? I am 40 and i shop in Next, John Lewis, Wallis.....

M&S do some lovely handbags for about £25-do you now what she uses now?

The good thing about M&S is that they will swap anything with a receipt-so as long as you let your mum know you don't mind-if you really do get it wrong they will give her a refund or voucher (ask for a 'gift receipt').

when is the debenhams 4 days sale on..is it now..where everything is 25% ...buy a fiorelli bag... stylish and within budget debenhams.com/web…_-1

Original Poster

thanks for all the suggestions :w00t:

i would go for a fiorelli bag i am sure she will love it x

She probably has a favourite perfume; you could get her an eau de toilette

cheapsmells.com/pro…nce

get her a dressing gown.

Asda have a 7inch digital photo frame at the moment for £27, I got my mum one of those at Christmas,

Tinkytayls;4532315

i would go for a fiorelli bag i am sure she will love it x

yay!!

Banned

kids these days, i buy me own stuff at least then i know i gets what i wanted

Next do some lovely watches for about £15-£20 too-again as for a gift receipt and then she can change it if she wants too.

Banned

Have a look at [url]www.buyagift.com[/url] and with them she will have 10 months to use it and always some good vouchers on heto use there to get a discount.

When is it?

Original Poster

22nd March :lol:
5 days before my birthday :-D

dontdothatagain;4576793

22nd March :lol:5 days before my birthday :-D

27th March - DDTA becomes a big boy......

Original Poster

borolad94;4576824

27th March - DDTA becomes a big boy......

DDTA already is a big boy ;-)

What you got FF then?

If youre gonna go with vouchers why not get her the High Street Vouchers that can be used at tons of places?

Think you can buy them online xxx

Just what I was going to suggest! Then she can choose where she wants to go and probably not as risky what with places going bust xxx

loobie;4576954

If youre gonna go with vouchers why not get her the High Street Vouchers … If youre gonna go with vouchers why not get her the High Street Vouchers that can be used at tons of places?Think you can buy them online xxx

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1530
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247624
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…49
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98196

See more discussions