Groups

Mothers day ruined now ;-(

Currently I have steam coming out of my ears!

I ordered flowers for Mothers Day tomorrow for my MIL and they have been delivered today!!!!

The order from teleflorist clears states delivery on 22nd March - no where on the order did it say they wouldn't deliver them on Sunday. If it had I wouldn't have ordered with them as there were lots of places delivering tomorrow.

We were going to be at her house all day tomorrow and were hoping to capture the moment and look on her face when they were delivered.

I phoned Teleflorist who were as much help as a chocolate teapot. Not even an apology! Was told they would pass it to customer services but that they were too busy and it would be sometime next week before they get back to me!!

15 Comments

That's such a shame, my sister-in-law is a florist and has her own little shop, they deliver on Mothers Day and open the shop especially. I know it's no help whatsoever but in future, just ring a private florist near to where your MIL lives and they'll take the order over the phone with your credit card, usually get a much better service.

Banned

Ring 'em back and tell them you dont want them as part of the purchase was to be there when the flowers arrive. Say you're buying elsewhere now and ask them to arrange for collection at their expense.

At least you don't need to worry about them not getting there in time!

It makes me angry when customer service don't do the customer service!!!!! Gits all of them i say:x

Awww,that`s a real shame and such a disappointment when you had it all planned too.
    I once ordered flowers for my mother in law for mothers day and she was raging:x.............
    They delivered them at 9am and got her out of bed on a sunday morning.:w00t:
    Dont think she ever did get round to thanking me for them.:roll:

Original Poster

guv;4700963

Ring 'em back and tell them you dont want them as part of the purchase … Ring 'em back and tell them you dont want them as part of the purchase was to be there when the flowers arrive. Say you're buying elsewhere now and ask them to arrange for collection at their expense.

My MIL doesn't know they were supposed to come tomorrow (although I'll tell her tomorrow) and I don't want to create a big fuss for her - she's deaf and will confuse her if someone turned up to pick them up now!!

I've sent an e-mail to customer services and husband is frantical phoing round local florist to see if we can get another delivery tomorrow. I'll then send the bill to them!

Ring Sky news, you might get on the telly.

Banned

Shengis;4701023

LOL

i'd just not go now. the whole day is wasted and theres not much point in going. remember and tell customer services that they deprived a deaf woman a day with their family as they delivered the flowers a day early. the heartless monsters.

or go out and buy her a huge big bouqet, take them with you and enjoy your day. then give the heartless monsters hell on monday.

Shengis;4701023

:lol: yeah we could have a protest march.:-D

don't let it spoil your day Hun-you might be mad and extremely disapointed-let them have it monday at the teleflorist-but don't let them take the edge off your lovely family day tomorrow-lots of folk don't have mums to share the day with tomorrow-don't let it spoil your special time. x

A lot of the online delivery places state that they will try to make the delivery on that day, but there are no guarantees - and thats when its not mothers day or something.

If you order for delivery on a certain day, it should be that day - if they cant do it then dont let someone place the order!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone - won't let it spoil tomorrow - shes really chuffed with the flowers anyway. I don't even think I'll tell her that they were supposed to come on Sunday - don't want to spoil her day either.

Seriously way OTT. Yeah, it's disappointing but it's better she got them early than late/not at all.

They ain't gona pay compensation. They ain't gona pay for another flower bouquet.

tinkerbell28;4701893

:thumbsup: Have a good day! x

thanks Tink - i am lucky my mum is still alive-but both of my best friends have lost their mums in the last 5 years, and my aunt died suddenly last year leaving my cousin who is the same age as me-so i really appreciate the specialness of the day.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …141338
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2631
      3. Kirby Triple Deluxe, Luigi's Mansion & Super Mario 3D Land to join the 3DS …11
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17426157

See more discussions