Moto E5 Play - can't find a case anywhere!

Posted 1st Sep 2018Edited by:"manic91"
Have just got this phone from Tesco, know it's pretty basic but will do all I need it to. Problem is, I can't find a case for it anywhere! Have now ordered 4 different one's from eBay and Amazon sellers - have had to return all of them as they are way too big. Have tried every shop I can think of too and no one seems to sell one! Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem? Never had this issue with a phone before!
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Seems to be quite a lot of different E5 models maybe that's why they are different sizes?
This seller has a clear gel case available for £1.95 eBay item number: 273424379114 for the moto E5 Play.
UK seller too - worth a try?
deleted1080215
Go into phone settings and about. Find out exactly what model you have got. Then look for cases for that model only. The other alternative is to go to the Motorway phone kiosk (there is always one) and get one there.
jkumar16 h, 21 m ago

This seller has a clear gel case available for £1.95 eBay item number: …This seller has a clear gel case available for £1.95 eBay item number: 273424379114 for the moto E5 Play.UK seller too - worth a try?

Thanks for your help - unfortunately that's one of the eBay sellers I've already tried, the case they sent me was way too big
jjmmww111 h, 14 m ago

Seems to be quite a lot of different E5 models maybe that's why they are …Seems to be quite a lot of different E5 models maybe that's why they are different sizes?

That's right - there seems to be 3 models, the E5, E5 plus and E5 play, all different screen sizes. Thanks for the link, it's for the E5, so would be too big for my phone unfortunately
deleted108021502/09/2018 07:24

Go into phone settings and about. Find out exactly what model you have …Go into phone settings and about. Find out exactly what model you have got. Then look for cases for that model only. The other alternative is to go to the Motorway phone kiosk (there is always one) and get one there.

Thanks - I know what phone model I've got, problem seems to be that it was only released in the UK last month and no one has designed a case that fits it yet! Was released in the US before here and their version is slightly different dimensions, so everyone selling cases at the moment seems to have based their measurements on that Thanks anyway
Thanks everyone for comments so far - anyone on HUKD having same issues as me with this phone?
Have a look on Aliexpress you may find one on there.
Sprograt02/09/2018 21:51

Have a look on Aliexpress you may find one on there.

Thanks
manic9123 h, 0 m ago

Thanks

Did you have any luck finding a case on Aliexpress.
The manufacturers have sent the wrong specifications out, therefore they are all being withdrawn. I am having exactly the same problem. Tesco where I brought said you will just have to wait until ones come out.
I’m currently having the same issue. Has anyone sourced a case that fits yet?
Nothing yet. Have looked every day!!
35712949-fg5IT.jpgHaving same problem. Bought for my partner and need case asap before he damages it at work! Have bought 2 off eBay both too big phone falls out. Anyone tried this one?
Hi all I got the moto e5 play for my son and ordered a case from eBay and it didn't fit but did fit the moto g6 play that my older son has. i was looking everywhere for answers and came across the 2 versions of the phone (uk/ us), so I looked on eBay under moto e5 play case uk version and got lucky they had afew i went for a red one with a telephone box on........ it fits like a glove. Hope this helps xx
So it's Xmas day and my daughter just opened a case doesn't fit I looked everywhere last week and just prayed the one I got would but no!
I thought I'd share with you what I just found?
Merry Christmas peeps ??
36641571-rtOk7.jpg

Having exactly the same issue with my daughter's phone. Have now had 2 from eBay, all too big. Anyone had any luck yet??? If so post the link...please!!
Just ordered this phone for my mum and having the same problems finding a case that fits! Has anyone got a link that worked?
Did anyone find a case that fits and if so do you have the link? I'm having the same problem with my daughter and 2 cases down now 😔
Mum got one from a local market stall in the end!
Edited by: "faithlessworld" 11th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants