Groups

Moto g 3 Dead Battery

Any suggestions please on how to revive a dead battery. It has died previously but leaving it on charge for a good few hours usually fixes it. But not this time. Can the battery be replaced? Thanks.

8 Comments

I have had issues before when I have needed to use a higher power charger when the battery is completely depleted. 2 or 2.4 amps usually.

I had a dead battery in a moto X - just bought one from ebay and it's a simple job to replace
    do ebay sell one?

Original Poster

wowbiggy

I have had issues before when I have needed to use a higher power charger … I have had issues before when I have needed to use a higher power charger when the battery is completely depleted. 2 or 2.4 amps usually.

​Thanks I will try that. I have it plugged in to a multi charger thing although on its own part time. I will see if I have a 2.4. I presume it will state the rating on the charger.

Original Poster

matthat

I had a dead battery in a moto X - just bought one from ebay and it's a … I had a dead battery in a moto X - just bought one from ebay and it's a simple job to replacedo ebay sell one?

​I didn't think that it was possible as it says the battery cannot be removed.

This is a manufacturuers way of forcing you into an upgrade. They usually glue the battery in. A good repair shop can easily manage to replace it for you without damaging the phone. Many phone manufacturers have adopted this sneeky practice,

Greedy capitalists.

if they sell a battery then it can be done- I have replaced the battery in my BMW remote fob before (you need a knife and a soldering iron but it can be done - but that's not what bmw say)
    there seem to be loads of guides - have you watched one?
    ifixit.com/Gui…974

Original Poster

Thanks all. I am not sure if I want to muck around with the phone. I don't know how much a replacement battery would cost but I think the phones come on sale occasionally for under £100 so I shall wait a while.

You should be able to replace it fairly simply. Before I bought the Moto G4 I confirmed that I could (if I needed to) replace the “non-removable” battery. It turns out it’s essentially like a replaceable battery, but just kinda taped in. I’d imagine the G3 is similar. I found plenty of G4 batteries on sale on eBay. As someone already said - there should be plenty of guides online.
    Edited by: "WhiteGoose" 19th May
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions