moto g 4g tesco in japan

Found 7th Mar 2015
hi will my moto g 4g connect to free WiFi spots while in Japan and will my tesco network work there its all very confusing! thanks.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskJapanMoto G
5 Comments
Sure it will work, Tesco is a regular network just as any other and has roaming. Following link shows you the charges per minute, sms, MB:

tescomobile.com/hel…pan

As you can see it is not a very good idea to use it much while there.

Wi Fi will work of course although you might need to sign in which again might be a problem if instructions are in Japanese... But if you find a free hotspot it will work.

If you are afraid 4g won't work as far as I know Tesco mobile doesn't even give 4g in UK let alone abroad, also they cap your abroad data at 40£ and in Japan that means 5MB...

Generally when travelling I never use my network but rather stick to either viber/Skype/hangouts which will all give you an option to call any phone in the world and have better rates than most local providers. The catch being that you need to be connected to the Internet (wifi or local sim 3g).
Alternatively get a local sim while you are there.

Anyhows you need not worry and have a nice trip
Just a warning, free wifi spots aren't the most common in Japan alas.

They are slowly getting better and there is a special booth at Narita airport (normally right in front of you next to the bus ticket sellers after customs) that you can pick up a tourist free wifi card that works with some spots, be sure to pick that up as it will give you a username & password for the locked wifi places.

As much as I hate them, it could also be worth signing up to boingo for a month (don't forget to cancel) as that can give you more access to some more wifi spots

Either way, it's a great place, enjoy!
For info - Tesco Mobile do provide a 4G service in the UK!

EliTom
I know
Thanks for all your replys hotel has free WiFi so that's Skype sorted and I will remember to get the WiFi card from narita. If I unlock my phone will it work on a Japanese sim?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions