Groups

Moto G 4th gen 'ghost touch'

Hi,was wondering if anyone else has suffered with this?? The notification bar on the moto g4 pulls itself up and down erratically,a small white circle appears at the top of the screen as if someone is touching the screen,hence the ghost touch,is there a fix for this??? Thanks in advance.

12 Comments

Does this happen all the time or just when charging?

Original Poster

Happens when charging and when not charging,have tried rebooting in safe mode to see if I have any conflicting apps but still goes crazy in safe mode,sometimes even moves all the app icons around the screen at 100mph,also when on the net the screen shakes and judders which makes it unreadable,thanks

Factory reset should cure it.

Before factory reset, make a careful note of your google account name ( just log on instead of making a new account) then you can reload all your Apps - one at a time - to see if it's any app causing this. Don't forget to save pics and any important messages.

lightyear39

Happens when charging and when not charging,have tried rebooting in safe … Happens when charging and when not charging,have tried rebooting in safe mode to see if I have any conflicting apps but still goes crazy in safe mode,sometimes even moves all the app icons around the screen at 100mph,also when on the net the screen shakes and judders which makes it unreadable,thanks

​The only reason I ask about the charging is because lots of phone suffer with this I think it's to do with poor quality cables.
    But before doing a factory reset boot the phone into recovery mode and try and wipe the cache see if that makes a difference

Original Poster

Hi,thanks for all the replies,have done a factory reset,had previously cleared cache and wiped cache partition but notification bar is still playing up,will just take back to Argos I think as it's less than a week old,thank you everyone for all your replies and help

I have just returned one to Amazon for the same reason. It is a known fault.

Bought in July and only started to do this a few weeks ago.

No argument at all from Amazon, returned phone and they issued a full refund.

I had this happen to me but then it stopped of its own accord. Strange...

Original Poster

Thought I would give Motorola live chat a go,advisor recommended an external reset which would lock my phone for 24hrs or take back to where I purchased from,i mentioned that I had seen online that a few people had mentioned this was a fault plenty of YouTube videos,he said he had never heard of this problem,hmmmmm.Out of interest Bingstroller did you purchase another g4 or did you go for a different phone!??? Many thanks

I have not purchased yet but only because of the possible deals on Black Fri.

But, it will be the G4 or G4 plus, depending on the deal.

I would advise against buying direct from Motorola. I've had this problem since my phone was 3 months old. It's been in for repair twice and came back in worse condition each time. They are now refusing me a refund - they seem to think the Consumer Rights Act doesn't apply to them - so I am being forced to take further action. Worst company I've ever dealt with.

Original Poster

Hi Noelphobic,I returned the handset to Argos who asked if I'd like a replacement or refund,I took the replacement and have not had any problems with it at all,it definitely seems a problem with some of these handsets though,sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had with yours
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions