Groups

Moto g 4th Gen or Vodafone Ultra 6 - help request

I have original Moto g but it is running out of space frequently and need to app swap often. So looking to change phone. Ideally wanted to stay below the 5" size but the best phones seem to be 5.5"

The Ultra 6 is £109 from Vodafone - including unneeded top up
    The Moto G from Appliance Direct is £130 including (hopefully) £20 off for which? trial.
    appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/s…one
    The price is not really the deciding factor but wanted opinions from HUKDers as to which is preferred and why.
    My other option is the 3rd gen Moto g to get the smaller size but the 16gb option is coming out same price as better phones.

8 Comments

No real choice...............Go for the new Moto G4 (4th gen) Android 6. Pure Android no Vodafone crap on it.

You will get used to the 5.5" screen very quickly

Ultra 6 is getting on now with the older Android 5. camera is really poor. Slower wifi and tinny speaker
    (Also Facebook apps don't work on it........don't know the reason)

Edited by: "cullies" 13th Aug 2016

personal opinion but I'm loving my Moto g4 so far. had it a couple of months now. I had the 3rd gen before it and this is SO much better. just ordered for hubby with the appliance direct deal..

cullies

No real choice...............Go for the new Moto G4 (4th gen) Android 6. … No real choice...............Go for the new Moto G4 (4th gen) Android 6. Pure Android no Vodafone crap on it.You will get used to the 5.5" screen very quicklyUltra 6 is getting on now with the older Android 5. camera is really poor. Slower wifi and tinny speaker(Also Facebook apps don't work on it........don't know the reason)

​Facebook apps had an issue for a week and were easily bypassed. They are back to normal now.

Original Poster

cullies

No real choice...............Go for the new Moto G4 (4th gen) Android 6. … No real choice...............Go for the new Moto G4 (4th gen) Android 6. Pure Android no Vodafone crap on it.You will get used to the 5.5" screen very quicklyUltra 6 is getting on now with the older Android 5. camera is really poor. Slower wifi and tinny speaker(Also Facebook apps don't work on it........don't know the reason)

​Thanks. Screen size is not really issue. Bigger is always easier/ better. The issue is pocket size. With a case it is substantial and manoeuvring in and out of my trouser pocket could be tricky. Could get myself a man bag!

Get a slim case & it will fit most man pockets

The Mrs had a moto g4 last week and hasn't noticed much difference from the LG G3 she had, it's a great phone for the money

Also you can buy on Tesco for £149. Unlock on ebay in a couple of hours for around £1

cullies

Also you can buy on Tesco for £149. Unlock on ebay in a couple of hours … Also you can buy on Tesco for £149. Unlock on ebay in a couple of hours for around £1

​We had the unlocked version from tesco, the unlocked das £159 the locked was £149,just asked them if they could do the unlocked for £149 too and they said ok
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?33
      2. Nike Apple Watch 42mm23
      3. Help choosing an Android box please.55
      4. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11

See more discussions