Expired

Moto G black screen??? HELP!

Found 21st Feb 2015
My moto g has just crashed and it will not reboot.
Googled for a fix, but can't find anything.
It's only 5 months old!
Community Updates
10 Comments
Not sure if it makes a difference, but it's the 4g one?
have you tried holding the power button for 15 seconds.

or press power + volume down button at the same time. see if anything pops up
Yes to both. Nothing!
It may be the screen or the battery, is the phone still on? If you call it, does it vibrate/ring?

It's the 4g one. Does that make a difference?

It turned off completely. Opening an app, it crashed and wont reboot!
Tried calling and goes straight to voicemail so no power to it

Richierea

Reset instructions for 1st gen here: (similar to what was posted above … Reset instructions for 1st gen here: (similar to what was posted above but a slight difference)https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/97329/p/30,6720,9050

f2k8

It may be the screen or the battery, is the phone still on? If you call … It may be the screen or the battery, is the phone still on? If you call it, does it vibrate/ring?

Richierea

Reset instructions for 1st gen here: (similar to what was posted above … Reset instructions for 1st gen here: (similar to what was posted above but a slight difference)https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/97329/p/30,6720,9050

f2k8

It may be the screen or the battery, is the phone still on? If you call … It may be the screen or the battery, is the phone still on? If you call it, does it vibrate/ring?

Where did you buy it from? You should still have warranty and your issue sounds like it was a natural one so they should give you a replacement. When a phone doesn't turn on, there could be a number of things wrong with it, too many to diagnose your self imho. Recently I cracked my Moto G screen and replaced it, it was really easy to do it my self by following YouTube guides, you could try but I wouldn't condone it. Good luck.
f2k8

Where did you buy it from? You should still have warranty and your issue … Where did you buy it from? You should still have warranty and your issue sounds like it was a natural one so they should give you a replacement. When a phone doesn't turn on, there could be a number of things wrong with it, too many to diagnose your self imho. Recently I cracked my Moto G screen and replaced it, it was really easy to do it my self by following YouTube guides, you could try but I wouldn't condone it. Good luck.

That's my problem. It was a birthday present from my mum. I have tried calling her to find out if she still has the receipt etc, but no reply so far and I miss my phone! Can't even put the sim in an old phone as it's micro and all old phones are standard sim!
chuckiedoll

That's my problem. It was a birthday present from my mum. I have tried … That's my problem. It was a birthday present from my mum. I have tried calling her to find out if she still has the receipt etc, but no reply so far and I miss my phone! Can't even put the sim in an old phone as it's micro and all old phones are standard sim!

A cheap fix to the sim problem is to just go to a shop that sells 99p sims and check if they are the sims that come as a standard sized sim but pop out the micro sim, then just slim your micro sim in to the template and it will work in an older phone. You may just take it to a phone repair shop, or post a detailed question on a Moto G forum.
I have managed to get it back on. Plugged it in via USB to computer and held down power.
Did that earlier with the wall charger plugged in and nothing so no idea why it came on now?
Just relieved it did, now hoping it stays on!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions