This is the thread for all discussions about the budget mobile phone champion, the Motorola Moto G.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat (the only Non-Nexus device in the UK to have official KitKat!)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU [MSM8226]
- RAM: 1GB
- 4.5-inch display with 720 x 1280 resolution (329 PPI) with scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass 3
- 8 GB / 16GB internal storage [Two years 50 GB storage free on Google Drive]
- Dimensions: 129.9 mm x 65.9 mm x 6.0-11.6 mm (curve)
- Weight: 143 grams
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion, 2070 mAh
- Rear camera: 5 MP at 4:3 and 3.8 MP at 16:9 (user-configurable)
- Front camera: 1.3 MP
- LED flash
- Video: 720p HD video (front and rear)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® Technology: Version 4.0
- Location services: GPS, GLONASS
Please note: this handset comes with a USB cable but not an AC adapter.
These can be picked up SIM-Free (unlocked) for as little as £100 if you already have an active (for 6 months) pay-as-you-go SIM on Orange. Or you can get a sim-locked one from Tesco for £99 8GB/£129 16GB and get an unlock code for £2 from ebay.
There are already a couple of active online communities set up to discuss and develop for the Moto G, take a look:forum.xda-developers.com/moto-gmodaco.com/for…o-g