Expired

Moto g saying "No sim card"

Found 3rd Jan 2014
I unlocked the moto g via an eBay seller and the code he gave me was correct but when I try inserting an o2 sim it isn't recognised and says no sim card, the sim card works in my other phone. Anyone know why?

Thanks

7 Comments

best ask the ebayer then bud

Original Poster

I sent a message yesterday and am awaiting a reply so thought I would ask here if anyone else had the same issue

Banned

my best guess is that the phone is either still in a contract, so you need to contact the ebayer about that, or that the phone is stolen. Either way you should talk to him.

money786

I unlocked the moto g via an eBay seller and the code he gave me was … I unlocked the moto g via an eBay seller and the code he gave me was correct but when I try inserting an o2 sim it isn't recognised and says no sim card, the sim card works in my other phone. Anyone know why?Thanks

try powering off and onn, and toggling aero plane

Is the sim card cut? Motorola state that the moto g doesn't like cut ones. Need to order an official one if so.

see if you can try another sim, even those 99p payg ones, if they don't work then i think the unlock code has busted your phone !
if that is the case post the ebayers username here so other moto g people are aware

money786

I sent a message yesterday and am awaiting a reply so thought I would ask … I sent a message yesterday and am awaiting a reply so thought I would ask here if anyone else had the same issue

What happened in the end then?
Post a comment
@
    Text