Expired

Moto G wifi connection dropping after upgrading to VM superhub 2

Found 27th Mar 2014
We changed or Virgin Media superhub yesterday for the superhub 2 and since then the wifi connection keeps dropping on the Moto G. Has anyone else experienced this and can offer a solution?
Thanks
Community Updates
AskMoto G
9 Comments
Change the channel the router broadcasts on, go to the play store and download wifi analyser it will scan and show you which channel has the least interference, I had a similar problem this fixed it and seemed to make all my other connected devices work better in the process
I recently had the Superhub 2 installed by Virgin and all my laptops, mobiles and other gizmos are working fine.

1. Moto G works on the 2.4GHz frequency so first thing if your SSID appears on your Moto G. It will appear as VMXXXXXX-2G. The SSID is on the bottom of the Superhub.

2. Type http://192.168.0.1/ into your web browser and enter your password (default is changeme). Go into Wifi settings. Ensure both bands are selected. You can also change the channel here. Save settings and exit.

3. If all else fails go to Superhub settings and at the bottom of the page you can restore the modem to factory default settings.

Hope it helps.
Original Poster
Thank you all for your help. Will try all the suggestions
This is the fix to your problem.
1. Go to settings - Wi-fi
2. Click on the 3 dots at the bottom right.
3. Tap on Advanced.
4. Un-check Wifi optimisation.
5. Wait a few minutes or reboot.

Problem Fixed.
Original Poster
martinisok

This is the fix to your problem.1. Go to settings - Wi-fi2. Click on the … This is the fix to your problem.1. Go to settings - Wi-fi2. Click on the 3 dots at the bottom right.3. Tap on Advanced.4. Un-check Wifi optimisation.5. Wait a few minutes or reboot.Problem Fixed.

I'll try that thanks.
For those with this problem, martinisok's solution appears to work!
Original Poster
fearthegrimp

For those with this problem, martinisok's solution appears to work!

I changed phone and these options seem to have disappeared after lollipop update :-(
martinisok's solution worked for me too - thank you!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions