Moto G4 ghost touch - is anyone else having this problem?

16 replies
16 Comments

I'm guessing the lack of responses is down to the overwhelming amount of information you've given.

had it n sorted it!

Original Poster

craigstephens

I'm guessing the lack of responses is down to the overwhelming amount of … I'm guessing the lack of responses is down to the overwhelming amount of information you've given.

That wasn't intentional! Messed up when I posted it and couldn't work out how to edit it!

Original Poster

leitchyleck

had it n sorted it!

How did you sort it?

I ordered mine directly from Motorola in June. Sent it to Lenovo twice for repairs, which didn't help. The problem is now worse than ever.

Motorola are now refusing to give me a refund and I have put a Section 75 claim in with Barclaycard.

leitchyleck

had it n sorted it!

​Would be interested to know how you sorted it please, mine does it occasionally but not a massive problem.

Original Poster

Dyslexic_Dog

​Would be interested to know how you sorted it please, mine does it o … ​Would be interested to know how you sorted it please, mine does it occasionally but not a massive problem.

How long have you had yours? I had mine for nearly 3 months before it started misbehaving.

Think mine done it almost straight away, only whilst charging and only occasionally so not a massive problem to me.

Also a posting a couple of weeks ago
Moto G4 Ghost Touch

Hope you can get it sorted.

mine did it so sent it back to Amazon after a few weeks, that was dual sim version but the new one isn't and no probs so far!

My wife's Motorola started playing up with ghost touch after 3 months. Contacted Amazon who put me through to their own technical support and they sent me to Motorola, total waste of time.
Contacted Amazon customer services and received a replacement within 3 days.
No problems with the replacement. Motorola told me they did not know about the ghost touch problem, even though there had been 50,000 views on their own community forum regarding it.

why did nobody tell me about this before i bought this phone, i havent used it yet so hopefully mine will be ok but if i would of seen these threads i would of thought twice about it luckily my old phone is still in great working order so if i do have any problems i can just fire that up.

hope you get yours sorted noelphobic.

Original Poster

I've now reached deadlock and am considering my options which include a Section 75 claim, the ombudsman or court action. They have offered me a new phone and say it is their 'final offer'. I am unwilling to accept it as ghost touch is a common problem and I know what a nightmare it will be if it recurs, given their appalling customer 'service'.

Original Poster

jymufc

why did nobody tell me about this before i bought this phone, i havent … why did nobody tell me about this before i bought this phone, i havent used it yet so hopefully mine will be ok but if i would of seen these threads i would of thought twice about it luckily my old phone is still in great working order so if i do have any problems i can just fire that up.hope you get yours sorted noelphobic.

I'd check it out as soon as possible, especially if you bought it directly from Motorola. They seem to think (wrongly!) that they only have to give you a refund if you return it within 14 days.

noelphobic

I'd check it out as soon as possible, especially if you bought it … I'd check it out as soon as possible, especially if you bought it directly from Motorola. They seem to think (wrongly!) that they only have to give you a refund if you return it within 14 days.

​i got mine from amazon so i have till end of jan to send back for a full refund but the problem seems to happen after 3 months.

i was going to get it direct from motorola, glad i didnt now.

surely it has warranty as all electrical products come with a years warranty i would contact trading standars see if they can help you.
hope you get it sorted.

Original Poster

jymufc

​i got mine from amazon so i have till end of jan to send back for a full … ​i got mine from amazon so i have till end of jan to send back for a full refund but the problem seems to happen after 3 months.i was going to get it direct from motorola, glad i didnt now.surely it has warranty as all electrical products come with a years warranty i would contact trading standars see if they can help you.hope you get it sorted.

I'm making a Section 75 claim on my credit card. I'd had my phone just under 3 months when the problems started and I don't want a replacement, as I don't trust it not to happen again and I definitely don't trust their customer 'service'.

​i dont blame you, i have been reading through the moto forums and it seems a very widespread issue yet motorola are playing dumb saying they cand find faults.

i knew this phone sounded too good to be true spec/price wise.

hope you get your money back mate and i will be sure to post if i have any problems and hopefully if i have any faults amazon wont be as bad as motorola for refunds.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769296
    2. Coming up to bonfire night ...2130
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions