Groups

Moto G5 Plus Owners

Hi, about to buy this for £224... most expensive phone I've ever bought! Is it a worthy upgrade over my standard G4?

12 Comments

I refuse to get taken in by the hype.

I honestly don't know why you'd buy one over a Lenovo P2 , dont get me wrong .....nothing at all wrong with the G5+ but it has no real USP.

Each to their own though

Uridium

I honestly don't know why you'd buy one over a Lenovo P2 , dont get me … I honestly don't know why you'd buy one over a Lenovo P2 , dont get me wrong .....nothing at all wrong with the G5+ but it has no real USP.Each to their own though

Camera?

Ability to watch you tube in sync?

If you are buying one I would suggest that you don't buy it directly from Motorola as their after sales support is abysmal. I would also strongly advise you pay by credit card, as this gives you Section 75 protection.

Both non issues, unless someone told you about them likely you'd never notice.

However....I've tried to recreate the YouTube sync issue...I still can't see it.

My camera pictures seem fine, easily comparable to the photos my Galaxy note 4 was taking..
    Edited by: "Uridium" 16th Apr

lenovo p2 save urself 24 pounds and get open camera

patcho

Camera?

The camera isn't at all bad on the P2 , however I would say it's been designed for people who maybe want to put more thought into a shot rather than just point and shoot, but it doesn't take long to get to grips with. For example the Pro setting is where makro hides , and it's nice to have the options to put together a decent shot. Took it out on Saturday to take some landscape and close up shots and was happy with the results. Portraits have been fine as point and shoots though, so if you're are just after a selfie type camera again there's no problem.

Don't know what it is about the P2....People seem desperate to find faults with it that really aren't there or are really minor niggles that can easily be fixed.
    Perhaps it's the old saying about something being too good to be true......

Every review of this handset is 5 star and I'm seeing it in top ten phone lists along with flagships. It's punching well above it weight, perhaps that's why people are suspicious.

Edited by: "Uridium" 17th Apr

i have one for sale if you want xx

Can anybody shed some light on this issue for me with the standard g5? I can not get it to turbo charge no matter what charger i use. The one included or my charger for my s7 does not charge the phone fast even though apparently the one in the box supposed to be a 10w turbo charger. Do you still get the message for turbo charging because all mine ever says is charging. Thanks​ in advance.

LazybeatX

Can anybody shed some light on this issue for me with the standard g5? I … Can anybody shed some light on this issue for me with the standard g5? I can not get it to turbo charge no matter what charger i use. The one included or my charger for my s7 does not charge the phone fast even though apparently the one in the box supposed to be a 10w turbo charger. Do you still get the message for turbo charging because all mine ever says is charging. Thanks in advance.

If its anything like the Turbo charging on my Lenovo P2 (same company as Motorola) it will only fast charge with the supplied charger (yes I know you said you tried that) and bizzarely also only using the USB cable that came with it (you didn't mention which cable you were using)
    Fast charging also only works when screen is off and takes a few minutes of normal charge before fast charge kicks in.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?56
      2. Cheapest Fifa 18 Digital code?22
      3. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA88
      4. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened67

See more discussions