Motorbike m1 test

Found 1st Apr 2011
can anyone whos done this tell me how much it costs as i was esxpecting it be no more than 200 (cbt 95)
so anyone he insisted i would need 5 days at £700
is it really that hard or is he trying to rip me off?
Community Updates
MiscBikeMotorcycle
9 Comments
Think i paid about £500 for mine, 5 days with a guaranteed pass at the end.
That was about 12 years ago, so £700 nowadays sounds about right.

the test itself isn't too bad
I phoned around a few places last year and they said it would be around £700 (and they said 5 days tuition) but no guaranteed pass. No way I can afford that so am getting lots of practice in on my CBT until I have more pennies.
It's 5 days due to vehicle maintenance and a whole day of learning about riding pillion etc I believe....
zannaz82

It's 5 days due to vehicle maintenance and a whole day of learning about … It's 5 days due to vehicle maintenance and a whole day of learning about riding pillion etc I believe....

Thanks intresting,couldnt believe how pricy it was though compared to a cbt
not sure if i can afford it,then the bike i want £1,600 then insurance £500+£700 test
may as well pay scilly money for car insurance if im going to blow £2,800 quid
whats an m1 test? google pops up this thread only lol
jackvdbuk

whats an m1 test? google pops up this thread only lol

it is first part of a full bike license,
can be taken from 17 and allows you to ride anything under 33bph or with resteicted license
dont have to display L plates and can go on motorway
try typing in dsa module 1 and stuff will pop up
JACKIT99

Thanks intresting,couldnt believe how pricy it was though compared to a … Thanks intresting,couldnt believe how pricy it was though compared to a cbtnot sure if i can afford it,then the bike i want £1,600 then insurance £500+£700 testmay as well pay scilly money for car insurance if im going to blow £2,800 quid

Exactly the same thought process went through my mind. I got a nice learner bike (YBR125) and it makes sure I get my practice in, so when I have the cash to buy a bigger bike and pay for test etc it should be easy peasy.
Sorry to jump on your thread, but you seem to have some knowledge on this.

I am hoping to get so e lessons for the hubby for his birthday. He already has a full uk car licence, held for 20 years, we are now thinking a bike may be more ideal for work, so where do i start?

Do I just get lessons and then a test after that like learning to drive a car?

He would be looking at driving a small basic bike at first I think
Thing is i've been riding for 2 years on cbt plate on a honda cbf 125 - paid £700 for the 5 days training and test - was on a very heavy er500 - first few days went great - then the test day came - had to ride from sutton to farnborough - did the mod 1 - put my foot down on the figure 8 -FAILED

Couldn't sit mod 1 again for 3 days - so i lost the mod 2 money - had to ride back and that was it £700 down the drain

Nothing to show for it - rang them up to rebook it just with the mod 1 - £15 for the test and £100 to hire the bike for the day - or £190 with mod 2 plus £10 insurance waiver - so looking at another £200 jsut to sit the test

Didnt bother was planning on taking a restricted test but didnt fancy riding down to farnborough on the a3 at 70mph on a little 125 - So I sold my bike and wont be riding for the distant future

That test ruined my biking experience and just for a stupid figure of 8 - If I was you I would hold off until the new bike test format comes in which is supposed to scrap the mod 1 and just do on road assessment which is realistic rather than a closed off tennis court with cones

Reason why the mod 1 is stupid imo is - as an ex biker i never did a U turn once mainly because its quite dangerous - figure of 8 - when would you ever do that
Slow control I can understand but Ive never stalled in traffic and if i put my foot down its merely to stop an accident happening and me going under a car so dont see how doing that is considered a fail as its slow control , its not like you going 30mph and put your foot down

visordown.com/mot…tml

Just hope they scrap mod 1 completely and stick the slow control stuff as minors on the main test - yes its only £15 but not if you dont live near to the ever disappearing test centres

Yeah you could argue I'm not good enough for the road to ride a bigger bike but considering I was riding 2 years before and then 4 days on a big bike and didnt crash I obviously can - Better to put your foot down than drop the bike right ??!
Edited by: "dandoc2" 2nd Apr 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants