motordepot breakdown warranty Help

1 reply
Found 3rd Dec 2008
Hey all i got a car from motodepot in Hull on finance i took a warranty out ( Driver Mechanical Breakdown Warranty ) it cost £400 the problem is that i want to get out of the contract and get my money back i rang motodepot up and they said i carn't can any 1 help me on this please as didn't quite understand everything about this warranty.

please please help

thank you

1 Comment

Your best bet is to go to a CAB. If the circumstances in which you signed up for this warranty indicate that you did not know what you were signing, or that they exercised undue influence over you, you could attempt to get it annulled. A CAB legal adviser would (should) be able to tell you what sort of things to say in a preliminary letter to them - that will always be your first step. You could start a complaint with trading standards (check your local council's website, or ring Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06), but this will depend on several things. The warranty may well be considered a financial product and may have a 14-day cooling off period if you bought it over the phone, for instance.

Without seeing the contract or understanding the full circumstances in which you signed, I can't really help any more than that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415416
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    4. word association Game74244894

See more discussions