Motoring advice needed asap!

Found 25th Dec 2017
Hi merry Christmas to you!

I'm currently in Birmingham and driving back to London this evening around 130 miles.

I have Vauxhall Astra h 2010 57k miles when I accelerate at low rpm, more noticeable up hill I hear rattling from the driver side front wheels possibly elsewhere tho.

my question is do you think I should call my breakdown service for this to maybe get assistance as it is Christmas day? anyone work for a breakdown company that thinks I should bother calling them to get assistance? I don't feel any changes from the rattling or feel that is is affecting handling or anything

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I'd risk it, if it happens it's going to happen, at least you've got breakdown cover. Although I'm not mechanical expert, have a great christmas and a safe journey back.
Have u tried taking the wheel off to check out for loose bolts? I’ve had that with the brake calliper before
Iffy is during acceleration. I’ll hazard a guess you have a diesel. It could be the exhaust or doming rattling against the engine. Possibly caused by a worn engine mount. The torque make the engine rotate more so when accelerating.

Make sure your wheel nuts are tight and that you can’t see anything loose hanging about in the arches, under the car or in the engine bay.
Thanks guys ill have a look
Oneday772 h, 3 m ago

Iffy is during acceleration. I’ll hazard a guess you have a diesel. It c …Iffy is during acceleration. I’ll hazard a guess you have a diesel. It could be the exhaust or doming rattling against the engine. Possibly caused by a worn engine mount. The torque make the engine rotate more so when accelerating. Make sure your wheel nuts are tight and that you can’t see anything loose hanging about in the arches, under the car or in the engine bay.

I swear that was all English in my head.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants