Groups

Motorola Dext keeps charging me for data! How to turn off?

Everyday I get a £1 bill because this phone keeps charging me for data which I have tried to turn off but can't find a way to. The MotoBlur service I think it's called I just want to turn this crap off!

I don't want it to connect to any social network accounts so how do I just kill this thing?

8 Comments

Get a different phone for the time being and get a data inclusive sim, android is unable to turn data charging off (the HTC desire and legend can).

You could try and change the apn settings of the internet so it cannot connect but I havn't tried it before.

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies;8558474

Get a different phone for the time being and get a data inclusive sim, … Get a different phone for the time being and get a data inclusive sim, android is unable to turn data charging off (the HTC desire and legend can).You could try and change the apn settings of the internet so it cannot connect but I havn't tried it before.

Not being able to turn data charges off is ridiculous, that wasn't mentioned anywhere when I bought it.

How do I try this internet method to turn charges off?

The End;8558507

Not being able to turn data charges off is ridiculous, that wasn't … Not being able to turn data charges off is ridiculous, that wasn't mentioned anywhere when I bought it. How do I try this internet method to turn charges off?

I believe it's under:

Settings > wireless settings > mobile networks > apn settings > internet settings

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies;8558532

I believe it's under:Settings wireless settings mobile networks apn … I believe it's under:Settings > wireless settings > mobile networks > apn settings > internet settings

It says:

'Data roaming - Off'
    'Select Network - Automatic'
    APN is T-mobile.

So it says roaming is off but I still get charged! APN can't be turned off.

Roaming means it won't connect when abroad.

If you delete the APN settings it should stop it connecting.

And using an Android phone without internet access is a waste. Where did you get it from? If T-mobile, you should get free internet access.

Original Poster

Bobbajob;8559228

And using an Android phone without internet access is a waste. Where did … And using an Android phone without internet access is a waste. Where did you get it from? If T-mobile, you should get free internet access.

I got it from Orange on PAYG, but using T-mob PAYG.

Someone's just told me the solution! An app called APNdroid, it disables all data connections it's just so quick and simple! :-D

I have WiFi so I can get all the apps and games I need. But yeah a contract with a data plan would be a nice extra for on the go.

The End;8559568

I got it from Orange on PAYG, but using T-mob PAYG.Someone's just told me … I got it from Orange on PAYG, but using T-mob PAYG.Someone's just told me the solution! An app called APNdroid, it disables all data connections it's just so quick and simple! :-DI have WiFi so I can get all the apps and games I need. But yeah a contract with a data plan would be a nice extra for on the go.

Yeah that would work as well :thumbsup:

But as been said before you can't fully appreciate an Android phone unless you get internet on the go :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News34
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563836
      3. Cheer me up please?813
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....79

See more discussions