Motorola G5 roaming

Found 28th Jun 2017
I have a Motorola G5 that won't connect to data when roaming, calls and texts work fine. I have tried my Talkmobile contract sim and a 3 PAYG sim neither will connect to data which indicates to me that the problem is with the phone.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Community Updates
AskMotorola
10 Comments
You need to to go to sim settings and enable data roaming.
funkybot4

You need to to go to sim settings and enable data roaming.

Done that. I have the R, full bars then !.
I sometimes have a similar problem with my g4 in the USA. Normally restart fixes it.
wowbiggy

I sometimes have a similar problem with my g4 in the USA. Normally … I sometimes have a similar problem with my g4 in the USA. Normally restart fixes it.

Tried that also, several times. Also tried re-entering the APN settings. Thanks.
Edited by: "redcantona" 28th Jun 2017
Is international roaming turned on for your account?

I had to contact Three to get it turned on a couple of years ago.
Data Roaming is disabled by default. You have to contact Customer Services to enable it.

Talktalk Data Roaming

2nd Link:

2nd Link

Edited by: "mgb20" 28th Jun 2017
Outrunner

Is international roaming turned on for your account?I had to contact … Is international roaming turned on for your account?I had to contact Three to get it turned on a couple of years ago.

mgb20

Data Roaming is disabled by default. You have to contact Customer … Data Roaming is disabled by default. You have to contact Customer Services to enable it.Talktalk Data Roaming

Thanks for both replies. Both Sims worked in my previous phone, Moto G4.
Try requesting the APN settings from your network so that they come through as a configuration message. Save them, then restart.
Plus one for the apn settings.

They should be able to send them to your phone as a text, which you just follow the instructions to install (enter the code they give you if I recall correctly).

It has always been apn settings for me when I had issues in the past.

If it is, after installing, you will almost instantly be fixed and up and running.
hottoast

Plus one for the apn settings. They should be able to send them to your … Plus one for the apn settings. They should be able to send them to your phone as a text, which you just follow the instructions to install (enter the code they give you if I recall correctly). It has always been apn settings for me when I had issues in the past. If it is, after installing, you will almost instantly be fixed and up and running.

chancooluk

Try requesting the APN settings from your network so that they come … Try requesting the APN settings from your network so that they come through as a configuration message. Save them, then restart.

Just been on live chat and they said it was a problem their end. I think it's the phone though, unless 3 PAYG are having the same problems as Talkmobile.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants