MOTOROLA - MOTO G - TESCO ROM (UNLOCKED) USING VODAFONE SIM - SOFTWARE UPDATE - KIT KAT IS NOW DOWNLOADING....

Found 10th Jan 2014
MOTOROLA - MOTO G - TESCO ROM (UNLOCKED) USING VODA - SOFTWARE UPDATE - KIT KAT IS NOW DOWNLOADING....

Just got the welcomed pop up us Moto G owners have been waiting for... ! - Would you like to download Kitkat......

Running a unlocked 16gb Moto G default preinstalled Tesco rom with a vodafone sim...

The update is 187mb

Fingers crossed !!
Community Updates
50 Comments
Do you need to have a sim inside the phone for the update or is done over WiFi?
Currently @ 25% over wifi with a voda sim present -

So I would of thought it should do it sim free....

There was talk in the early days people would need to insert their Tesco sim - (for non rooted devices) however that may now seem not the case..

Edited by: "RickT" 10th Jan 2014
yeah we know...... spammed
"Your phone is up to date"

GRRR. WANT. NEW. TOY.
brilly

yeah we know...... spammed

aww... did Mummy not get you one for Christmas......

Edited by: "RickT" 10th Jan 2014
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/Screenshot_2014-01-10-23-42-26_zpsitfzpjrs.png

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/Screenshot_2014-01-11-00-03-02_zpscuzqgrif.png

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/RickT_album/media/Screenshot_2014-01-11-00-22-48_zpsea2bu2ma.png.html][IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/Screenshot_2014-01-11-00-22-48_zpsea2bu2ma.png[/URL][/img]

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/RickT_album/media/Screenshot_2014-01-11-00-22-30_zpsudt8zz2s.png.html][IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/Screenshot_2014-01-11-00-22-30_zpsudt8zz2s.png[/URL][/img]
Not sure im liking that battery usage..................

Edited by: "RickT" 11th Jan 2014
dxx

"Your phone is up to date"GRRR. WANT. NEW. TOY.

Reboot maybe ? I just got a pop up...
Why did you have to write the word kitkat in the op?!
Now I crave a kitkat!!
Damn you.
sickly sweet

Why did you have to write the word kitkat in the op?!Now I crave a … Why did you have to write the word kitkat in the op?!Now I crave a kitkat!!Damn you.

http://www.brandchannel.com/images/FeaturesProfile/235_profile_img1_kitkat3.jpg
Got the same on my Tesco 16GB. Installing now.
Edited by: "TonyLeMesmer" 10th Jan 2014
RickT

aww... did Mummy not get you one for Christmas......

aww.... did you need your mummy to get you one?

been reported multiple times since the 8th, its being rolled out in stages
brilly

aww.... did you need your mummy to get you one?been reported multiple … aww.... did you need your mummy to get you one?been reported multiple times since the 8th, its being rolled out in stages

Its been out in the USA and mainland europe depending on the ROM type, but this is the first time its been rolled out to a TESCO rom to my knowledge. Seen as though most people on this forum purchased one of these from Tesco it will be interesting to see how this ROM compares to others.
Damn it... why did I change from Tesco rom to stock Motorola because it'll update earlier. Doh!
Nothing yet on my phone. Even after powering down and booting up again. I can wait
Network name still in the status bar unfortunately, although now in white.
downloading kitkat +1
RickT

Its been out in the USA and mainland europe depending on the ROM type, … Its been out in the USA and mainland europe depending on the ROM type, but this is the first time its been rolled out to a TESCO rom to my knowledge. Seen as though most people on this forum purchased one of these from Tesco it will be interesting to see how this ROM compares to others.

ah 'to your knowledge' gotcha
Oh Mine has a funny green man with a spinny tummy installing kit kat

Lx
Sorry gone all girlie...my first smart phone and my first major update...puts grown up tech head back on again

Lx
ljboath

Oh Mine has a funny green man with a spinny tummy installing kit kat :)Lx

Haha... maybe I should of done a back up first..............................
Yep restarted it and got a update message few mins after now downloading, purchased from tesco unlock from ebay
Did we have the printing tab before?

Lx

Not keen on the all white status bar/icons
Edited by: "ljboath" 11th Jan 2014
ljboath

Not keen on the all white status bar/icons

Same here - more so I have a photo on background which is white at the top
RickT

Same here - more so I have a photo on background which is white at the top

Everything always ends up bliddy appletized! Also preferred some of the other icons...hey ho. I thought we were supposed to get changes to the camera app?

Lx
ljboath

I thought we were supposed to get changes to the camera app?Lx

So did I... no change..
Had 86% battery, phone plugged in whilst I did the update, came back on with 48% and is now charging super slowly...

Might just fire up some HD YouTube and let it run itself out then recharge fully.
sammy125

Had 86% battery, phone plugged in whilst I did the update, came back on … Had 86% battery, phone plugged in whilst I did the update, came back on with 48% and is now charging super slowly...Might just fire up some HD YouTube and let it run itself out then recharge fully.

see my post on page 1 for my battery life..

since 15% its back to 45 now with 30 mins charge
I'll just leave it plugged in then. One thing I hate is one touch calling through contacts.

always end up calling people when flicking through contacts or trying to edit them.
RickT

Reboot maybe ? I just got a pop up...

Ey, just got the popup. Downloading now. Wootage!
Can someone on kitkat confirm the loss of usb OTG please? Thanks.
lyonsbane

want to know that as well ~~
lyonsbane

OTG is working fine on nexus 5 with kit kat update
Downloaded 4.4.2, battery dropped from 100% to 45%. Have had a quick play around, now a dedicated fill flash button on the camera app which helps, but no other real differences.
So my SMS is no in my email. WTF
Well done to all you guys and gals that are getting the update so early on the Tesco phones. Here I am still waiting for my update on a SIM free.

It's really unusual for MVNOs to get an update before a SIM free, so that's really good of Tesco (they can get something right sometimes it seems).
Don't NOT UPDATE TO KITKAT!!!!

KEEP 4.3 IF You LOVE YOUR BATTERY!!! KITKAT CAUSES BATTERY ISSUES!!
markhuges

Don't NOT UPDATE TO KITKAT!!!!KEEP 4.3 IF You LOVE YOUR BATTERY!!! … Don't NOT UPDATE TO KITKAT!!!!KEEP 4.3 IF You LOVE YOUR BATTERY!!! KITKAT CAUSES BATTERY ISSUES!!

anybody else having battery problems after the upgrade? Is there any way to downgrade? Thnx
tpol

Well done to all you guys and gals that are getting the update so early … Well done to all you guys and gals that are getting the update so early on the Tesco phones. Here I am still waiting for my update on a SIM free. :(It's really unusual for MVNOs to get an update before a SIM free, so that's really good of Tesco (they can get something right sometimes it seems).

the update sent by moto not tesco. it just random, i think ~~ i got two with me now, from tesco and amazon. both got update ~~
VanDutch

Downloaded 4.4.2, battery dropped from 100% to 45%. Have had a quick … Downloaded 4.4.2, battery dropped from 100% to 45%. Have had a quick play around, now a dedicated fill flash button on the camera app which helps, but no other real differences.

My battery took a hit too, but following a recharge that seems to of sorted it.
markhuges

Don't NOT UPDATE TO KITKAT!!!!KEEP 4.3 IF You LOVE YOUR BATTERY!!! … Don't NOT UPDATE TO KITKAT!!!!KEEP 4.3 IF You LOVE YOUR BATTERY!!! KITKAT CAUSES BATTERY ISSUES!!

Well.... so far so good...

5 hour on standy with Strava running on a 4 hour ride used 20% Battery which is the same as before, (this time i left wifi and BT on. ) plus a lot of the route results in no signal too which zapps battery power too.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/Screenshot_2014-01-11-12-57-58_zps38hhl2vj.png
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants