Motorola Moto G5 Plus navigation?

Found 27th Aug 2017Edited by:"deeky"
I've had it with my iPhone. Constant connection issues with my Echos, and Tripadvisor defaulting to Apple Maps which I hate. No Android IOS debates please, my mind is made up
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Motorola G4 Plus when I spotted that it doesn't have a compass in it. As one of the main reasons for change is for on-foot navigation, it just set me back a bit.
Has anyone got any practical experience with the G4+ or the G5+ as a navigation device? Does it work ok by GPS? Is the lack of a compass a big issue?
If so, any recommendations, sub £200, but must be available for immediate delivery?
Any advice appreciated.
Ta.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Can't talk about the G5, I had the G3 which also didn't have a compass, but Google maps navigation and things like pokemon go worked just fine for me.
I had a G4 Plus for a while, and navigation on foot worked fine. Really good phone - if you can deal with a lightly used one, Amazon Warehouse has some good deals on them (sadly the 20% off for Amazon Warehouse is no longer around).

I'm now using an LG G4 again (had the Moto while the LG was being repaired) and honestly the compass isn't that useful. It vaguely points in the correct direction most of the time, which usually means when navigating I have to start walking to see which direction I'm going in anyway.
Muir7 h, 54 m ago

I had a G4 Plus for a while, and navigation on foot worked fine. Really …I had a G4 Plus for a while, and navigation on foot worked fine. Really good phone - if you can deal with a lightly used one, Amazon Warehouse has some good deals on them (sadly the 20% off for Amazon Warehouse is no longer around).I'm now using an LG G4 again (had the Moto while the LG was being repaired) and honestly the compass isn't that useful. It vaguely points in the correct direction most of the time, which usually means when navigating I have to start walking to see which direction I'm going in anyway.

I kinda wish I hadn't notice the lack of a compass, I was really liking it.
Buy a xiaomi redmi note 4
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants