** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **

Found 14th Feb 2016
For anyone who recently purchased the Moto X Force - updates, covers , problems etc
Community Updates
MiscMotorolaAndroidMoto X
217 Comments
Yep... already on my second phone in less than a week though... got the notorious and well documented green line down my screen!

Other than that, happy enough with the phone, feels quite weighty but I like that, makes me less likely to drop it!
miikeyblue

Yep... already on my second phone in less than a week though... got the … Yep... already on my second phone in less than a week though... got the notorious and well documented green line down my screen!Other than that, happy enough with the phone, feels quite weighty but I like that, makes me less likely to drop it!

Where did you get it from? CPW?

I suggested it could be a CPW batch issue - someone replied is a world-wide issue (OK, maybe) but I have not seen anybody that bought it from JL to complain (I bought from them a week ago and so far no green line).

Anybody?
No green line as yet... keep picking it up to check
great phone but even on this the hukd app is still rubbish, thought it might be better so its the app.
B4rT45

Where did you get it from? CPW?I suggested it could be a CPW batch issue … Where did you get it from? CPW?I suggested it could be a CPW batch issue - someone replied is a world-wide issue (OK, maybe) but I have not seen anybody that bought it from JL to complain (I bought from them a week ago and so far no green line).Anybody?

Yep, it was me that said it's worldwide though... it's well documented, just google it... phone is known as Droid 2 Turbo in some regions...
RFC1795

That was another thing I said

I haven't been really using it yet (it's been on and used it on ocasions to play with it, take some photos, torch, etc), but mainly it's been laying down and waiting for the screen protector

Will see next week
caverncity

great phone but even on this the hukd app is still rubbish, thought it … great phone but even on this the hukd app is still rubbish, thought it might be better so its the app.

Anyway

Just compered with this my wife's phone (from 2 years earlier!) gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3-5665.php
and I could be inclined to say that overall it might be better + has a removable battery!

My point is I don't see the X to stand out in 2 years like the 3 is now (after 2 years), so maybe it's not worth the money.

I love the phone but if I get a green light I might be returning it for a full refund
Mine had to go back to Cpw bluewater after 3 days use due to a green line on the screen, had none left in stock so took the refund. The branch manager said there had been quite a few returns due to this problem.
rgb68

Mine had to go back to Cpw bluewater after 3 days use due to a green line … Mine had to go back to Cpw bluewater after 3 days use due to a green line on the screen, had none left in stock so took the refund. The branch manager said there had been quite a few returns due to this problem.

So CPW again, anybody from JL?
just wondering if cpw got a cheap old batch and jl's come direct from Motorola as it says on their web site. maybe if they did they can't return them unless faulty and we are the Guinea pigs. jl's might be a new batch. wondering if anyone who has a jl's phone they could share the build date
caverncity

just wondering if cpw got a cheap old batch and jl's come direct from … just wondering if cpw got a cheap old batch and jl's come direct from Motorola as it says on their web site. maybe if they did they can't return them unless faulty and we are the Guinea pigs. jl's might be a new batch. wondering if anyone who has a jl's phone they could share the build date

Where do you find it?
B4rT45

Where do you find it?

http://s14.postimg.org/n2mr1ef29/Screenshot_20160214_180639.png
mpk24.78-8 bought from JL, so far no problem and I am using it quite a lot, the battery doesn't last the while day...lol
patdeal

mpk24.78-8 bought from JL, so far no problem and I am using it quite a … mpk24.78-8 bought from JL, so far no problem and I am using it quite a lot, the battery doesn't last the while day...lol

oh no, for me?

lpk23.145-5
mines ok touch wood use it a lot. be good to see build number of the green line phones
oh by the way took me a while to figure out and pressing hard on my power volume button to screen grab press home button for a few secs and click share to get screen grab and send to wherever
B4rT45

oh no, for me? :)lpk23.145-5

Mine's the same as this lpk one, from CPW, no problems so far but haven't used it much yet.

Has anyone got a faulty one to check the build number?
Edited by: "70s_kid" 14th Feb 2016
mpk24.78-8 was my original CPW green liner. It's also my 1 day old replacement from CPW - not green lined yet!
The green line issue has been reported world wide, no matter where it's bought from, including Motorola directly
not just Moto X it happens to Moto G's too but in blue not green.
Anyone tried this? There's an option to use the front flash, I haven't got a nano sim yet though so can't test it without paying for the app.

play.google.com/sto…rts
didn't work
Mpk24. 78-8 and mines a 64gb bought directly from Motorola, no green line issues yet
Mines MPK24.78-8, got it from CPW and no issues as yet, cross fingers.
kevinwallace56884

Mpk24. 78-8 and mines a 64gb bought directly from Motorola, no green line … Mpk24. 78-8 and mines a 64gb bought directly from Motorola, no green line issues yet

A 64GB version. How much did that cost you?
How do you get moto voice to play music from google play? Only managed it once, all other times it loads up youtube
demusss

How do you get moto voice to play music from google play? Only managed it … How do you get moto voice to play music from google play? Only managed it once, all other times it loads up youtube

​say "play my songs" otherwise YouTube defaults
More importantly, what is your open phrase? Mine is "Oi!, the future"
"OK moto moto play my songs". problem is it replied with "you are joking, that's one bad playlist"
just noticed a green line down mine then remembered I have a cold.
demusss

A 64GB version. How much did that cost you?

​A small fortune!
bought it on the cpw deal and duly returned it. overheats, fugly and too big.
Is a very nice looking phone ...!
mittromney

bought it on the cpw deal and duly returned it. overheats, fugly and too … bought it on the cpw deal and duly returned it. overheats, fugly and too big.

Having owned the HTC M9, Xperia Z3+ and Xperia Z5 I can honestly say that I have experienced no overheating issues, especially like the mentioned phones had. Motorola did a fantastic job with the force and snapdragon 810.
ronak47

Having owned the HTC M9, Xperia Z3+ and Xperia Z5 I can honestly say that … Having owned the HTC M9, Xperia Z3+ and Xperia Z5 I can honestly say that I have experienced no overheating issues, especially like the mentioned phones had. Motorola did a fantastic job with the force and snapdragon 810.

I have to agree. Just done a few back to back antutu benchmarks and its just a bit warm.
RFC1795

Got the protector - will start using the phone tomorrow
How about the space for 2 sim cards? is it dual sim in the end?
There is physical space for 2 sim cards but don't think the software supports it. Not sure if this could be modded.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions