Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Motorola mobile hotspot shows as a Huawei

Posted 10th JanEdited by:"Firemountain"
My virgin just went out so decide to try my mobile hotspot... but its showing as Huawei P smart.. really confused not used hotspot a lot but dunno how it shows as a different phone

anyone any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Ever had A Huawei P Smart?
"My virgin just went out so decide to try my mobile hotspot... but its showing as Huawei P smart.. really confused not used hotspot a lot but dunno how it shows as a different phone

anyone any ideas?"

?
Does it matter? It's just an identifying reference; change the mobile hotspot name to whatever you want, maybe "not-a-Huawei-P-smart", or "busted-virgin-replacement" may tick a box.
AndyRoyd10/01/2020 15:03

Does it matter? It's just an identifying reference; change the mobile …Does it matter? It's just an identifying reference; change the mobile hotspot name to whatever you want, maybe "not-a-Huawei-P-smart", or "busted-virgin-replacement" may tick a box.

I just don't understand how the hotspot bit would have an old phone reference if it's a totally different phone.. wondered if anyone knew why ... I sat for a bit trying to find my motorola before trying the huawie that was showing up as thought it might have been a neighbours wifi
Ringfinger10/01/2020 09:05

Ever had A Huawei P Smart?

Yeah, I did but couldn't understand how the hotspot would generate as an old phone when it's a totally different phone
Firemountain10/01/2020 16:08

I just don't understand how the hotspot bit would have an old phone …I just don't understand how the hotspot bit would have an old phone reference if it's a totally different phone.. wondered if anyone knew why ... I sat for a bit trying to find my motorola before trying the huawie that was showing up as thought it might have been a neighbours wifi

Somebody changed the hotspot name (maybe before you even purchased the phone that was sold as new even though it was a cust-ret).
AndyRoyd10/01/2020 16:10

Somebody changed the hotspot name (maybe before you even purchased the …Somebody changed the hotspot name (maybe before you even purchased the phone that was sold as new even though it was a cust-ret).

The phone was brand new sealed direct from Motorola so don't think it would have been a return. Just weird that my old phone was Huawei P Smart and thats what came up as hotspot. .. wondered if maybe SIM retains the last detail it used to be a hotspot or something like that
Firemountain10/01/2020 16:13

The phone was brand new sealed direct from Motorola so don't think it …The phone was brand new sealed direct from Motorola so don't think it would have been a return. Just weird that my old phone was Huawei P Smart and thats what came up as hotspot. .. wondered if maybe SIM retains the last detail it used to be a hotspot or something like that

Not retained by sim. Somebody has actively changed the hotspot name, unless you have some bizarre 3rd-party hotspot app that requires remote login or some cross-handset back-up app.
Firemountain10/01/2020 16:09

Yeah, I did but couldn't understand how the hotspot would generate as an …Yeah, I did but couldn't understand how the hotspot would generate as an old phone when it's a totally different phone

I got the P30 pro deal on here. Google account saves all WiFi settings etc.

When I went to set up a hot spot the other day, it came up the name was "OnePlus 5T" which was my last phone which I had used the hotspot on before.

So your hotspot info is also synced to Google account, and used the name you were using on your old phone.
sammy12510/01/2020 16:17

I got the P30 pro deal on here. Google account saves all WiFi settings …I got the P30 pro deal on here. Google account saves all WiFi settings etc.When I went to set up a hot spot the other day, it came up the name was "OnePlus 5T" which was my last phone which I had used the hotspot on before.So your hotspot info is also synced to Google account, and used the name you were using on your old phone.

Ah ok that makes sense. Thank you! I didn't think about Google holding the info!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions