Groups

MOT/Service at County Council garage

I am sure I read somewhere on here that all County Council vehicles get MOTd and serviced at their own garage, but that they are also open to the public. Does anyone know where I can find one or if this is even the case?

Cheers, Stufai

6 Comments

I do know of one of these in Wales.and I know they service/MOT council employees cars at a good rate compared to most garages.and the good thing is they dont find faults that are not there!! unlike some big chain MOT centres.

As far as I'm aware, they wont be able to service your vehicle.

What you're looking for is an MOT only centre.

These centres will gain nothing from telling you your car is faulty when it isn't, so they tend to be the most accurate. Your other bet is to find a reliable mechanic via word-of-mouth that will be able to do a service + MOT for you at a reasonable price.

Well maybe each council depot has different rules ,but the one I know of definitly DO service and MOT council employees cars,as my nephew works for them and he has his car done there.

Original Poster

Cheers for the link

Waveney District Council based in Rotterdanm Road, Lowestoft run an excellent MOT service. Used it for several years and they are always friendly and welcoming - so anyone got an MOT in the Lowestoft area, give them a go, you won't be disappointed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions