Mould on bathroom seals / tiles

Found 16th Mar
we have black mould in our bathroom and dettol anti mould doesn't get rid of this. would HG mould work? the adverts show it working in the bathroom?

cheers.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments
Yes, though it depends how bad it is, if it’s really bad then it will need to come out and be reseale
Probably a stupid question but have you tried bleach? Works on most mould except when its got underneath the sealant
then it's just as eslick said above ...
Original Poster
eslick11 m ago

Yes, though it depends how bad it is, if it’s really bad then it will need …Yes, though it depends how bad it is, if it’s really bad then it will need to come out and be reseale

This was redone last October by the landlord. It isn't too bad, just in places where my girl keeps her toys.
HG mould is great, shame I haven’t got my before and after pics. If you have any try and make keep the kids well out the way, maybe even at someone else’s house and windows are all open. This stuff stinks but it’s also harsh to breathe in.
Hg Mould spray is brilliant stuff

I use it at home and the last time I used it was the bath of a property that we let. The silicone around the bath was black with mould, I accepted that it would need removing and resealing but HG spray totally removed the black.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 16th Mar
jamesisasecret40 m ago

This was redone last October by the landlord. It isn't too bad, just in …This was redone last October by the landlord. It isn't too bad, just in places where my girl keeps her toys.

Would probably work then but make sure you ventilate as other have said. Might be worth keeping the bath toys in the bath until they dry and keeping the windows open for a bit after the bath has been used. Amazon normally have HG at good prices.
Try Astonish Mould remover - can get it from Home Bargains, Poundland etc. Around the £1 price!

Spray the area, leave it then repeat multiple times. If the mould is well established it will take multiple repeats to get rid.
Try cleaning it with neat bleach and an old toothbrush. You'll need to leave the bleach on for a bit.
Cillit Bang mould killer.. Purple bottle is the best stuff £2..nothing better and follow instructions. Trouble is mould can stain but a few treatments over months can get it as best it's going to be. Seems to get better with time after cleaning
Edited by: "wayners" 16th Mar
Van19731 h, 39 m ago

Try Astonish Mould remover - can get it from Home Bargains, Poundland etc. …Try Astonish Mould remover - can get it from Home Bargains, Poundland etc. Around the £1 price!Spray the area, leave it then repeat multiple times. If the mould is well established it will take multiple repeats to get rid.

Yep i swear by this stuff i use loads
ding1 h, 24 m ago

Yep i swear by this stuff i use loads

And Me, been using it for years. I clean bathroom, toilet, kitchen and washroom with it.
Be careful if you are spraying it about in a shower cubicle you could quite easily knock yourself out with the fumes.
I used to use hg but now use astonish...fantastic stuff! 89p in Morrisons at the moment.
Mr. Muscle mould remover leave on for 20 mins and it should do the trick. Always removed whenever used.
Good info as my mum's bathroom suffers mould... question to you all though, I never get mould and have a decent extractor fan near the shower, do you get mould even with an extractor fan? (as I don't)
There's a great thing my friends in the US use called a Fogger. They come if different sizes and are like small (or large) fireworks. You light it in the room you need to clear of mould and whatever is in the smoke kills everything... I've never been able to find them over there though. . .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants