Expired

Mountain Bike £200-£300

Found 7th Apr 2007
Don't know much about bikes, but a friend of mine who does believes you can't get one that is much kop for less than £350!

Anyone in the know who can reccomend a deal that proves otherwise would be most appreciated.

Needs to be a man's bike, web sourced or in the NW of England if instore. Has to be decent enough to go off road without being a bone shaker or falling to bits.

Apologies if a similar deal request has been made recently but i can't find one in search options.

Thankyou in advance.:?

6 Comments

in a way your friend is right. you are looking at a minimumof £300 to start getting something decent. and if you dont know much about bikes, and you are willing to spend this sort of amount, it would be wise to buy from a store rather than online.see the bikes up close and get personal advice.

you are bound to have a halfords near you, pop in and ask for advice. and look at this model, its areal nice bike, good quality too

]http//ww…069

this is the minimum i would recommend if you want to really enjoy mountain biking.

Original Poster

Hmmm. Thanks for the advice. I may be better going to a few stores in person then.

Im into my cyceling and to be honest your friend is right in saying a good entery level bike at £300 however id suggest you went to your local bike shop. They are more often than not alot more knowlegable than your local halfords or internet site and ussaly very friendly. first off you will be able to neocigate (sp?) a price with them, there ussaly give you a first free service, and if anything does go wrong with the bike they are ussaly more experienced mechanicaly than these large chain of shops in my experience.

Id suggest looking at a Specialized Hardrock which will be under £300, these are very very good value for money and possible a Trek. Any way iv waffled on Good Luck finding a bike

Tom

Tom R

Im into my cyceling and to be honest your friend is right in saying a … Im into my cyceling and to be honest your friend is right in saying a good entery level bike at £300 however id suggest you went to your local bike shop. They are more often than not alot more knowlegable than your local halfords or internet site and ussaly very friendly. first off you will be able to neocigate (sp?) a price with them, there ussaly give you a first free service, and if anything does go wrong with the bike they are ussaly more experienced mechanicaly than these large chain of shops in my experience. Id suggest looking at a Specialized Hardrock which will be under £300, these are very very good value for money and possible a Trek. Any way iv waffled on Good Luck finding a bike Tom

i will disagree with that. many halfords stores have informative staff, who are keen cyclists and offer far better unbiased advice.
i say this because i am one.
i always reccomend to my customers to visit other stores to check them out, and most of them return.
halfords give every customer a first free service, almost all stores have cytec accredited mechanics so mechanical knowladge will be on a par with a good independent, and will build a bike at no extra cost, are very good on price, in fact, wont be beaten.
by all means try local independant shops, there are some real gems out there, but try halfords too.

if i only you requested it earlier i would have sold my specialized rockhopper to you which would have been [erfect
Post a comment
@
    Text