Expired

Mountain Bike Saddle Bolt Screw size?

Found 15th Mar 2014
Does anyone know the name and size of the Screw bolt with the Allen Key top that connects the bike seat to the post via the two clamps? The Thread on mine has nearly worn due to some Dodgey cheap Allen Keys, and my bike seat is becoming very loose, also do you know anywhere online that sells the Bolt?

Thanks

Kev
Community Updates
6 Comments
I found this information, hope it helps.
8. Saddle Clamp
Fasteners: One or two 4-, 5- or 6mm hex bolts, on clamp attached to saddle rails
Purpose: Attaches saddle to post; allows for adjustment
Tool: 4, 5 or 6mm hex wrench

They seem to have loads on Ebay
ebay.co.uk/bhp…olt
Original Poster
beessteph

I found this information, hope it helps.8. Saddle Clamp Fasteners: One or … I found this information, hope it helps.8. Saddle Clamp Fasteners: One or two 4-, 5- or 6mm hex bolts, on clamp attached to saddle rails Purpose: Attaches saddle to post; allows for adjustment Tool: 4, 5 or 6mm hex wrenchThey seem to have loads on EbayThanks for input beessteph but it doesn't seem to be any of them, it is the bolt that screws upwards underneath the saddly via the two clamps to hold the seat in place, the ebay link you provided, look like the bolts that attach the seat post to the bike frame itself. But thanks for your input anyway.Regards Kevhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/seat-clamp-bolt

Oh sorry Kev, I'm no bike expert as you can tell !
Well I'm pretty sure the seat post clamp bolt, is called a seat post clamp bolt.....

Only £3 for a new clamp with bolt...............

Just measure the diameter of the hole that the seat fits into the frame, only 2 sizes I think....
Id suggest you take the bolt to any local DIY store and match it against those on sale for one with a comparative size and length.
Alternately any good bike shop should be able to help out and it should only be £3-4 at most,you might also invest in a decent set of foldable allen keys whilst your there to prevent any further issues.
Original Poster
Thanks for all help guys, although none gave me the answer i was looking for, it was nice that you all tried to help me out.

Cheers

Kev
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions