Mounting a Monitor

Posted 17th Nov
Hi,

I've had my monitor on my wall for the past year and have just come to replace it with a new one.

However, the mounting screws for the back of the monitor seem to be too long? I thought they were all standard for a mounting bracket?

3333428-d234f.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
The mount kit you got will possibly have come with standoff spacers, little black cylinders like in the picture below:

39011349-bR4Sq.jpg
Unless this is what these rubber things are for?...

39011351-BdwcL.jpg39011351-froLa.jpg
If you’re worried, get a tooth pick or similar and poke through the hole to gauge the depth, then compare to the length of the screw.
The rubber things do look like potential spacers.
superfreddy17/11/2019 13:12

Unless this is what these rubber things are for?...[Image] [Image]

Have you read the instructions?
ktm66617/11/2019 13:52

If you’re worried, get a tooth pick or similar and poke through the hole t …If you’re worried, get a tooth pick or similar and poke through the hole to gauge the depth, then compare to the length of the screw. The rubber things do look like potential spacers.

Yeah I think they are spacers. I found them in my old monitor box.

Initially I did screw the screws in without the spacers and then felt some resistance. Shouldn't think I've done any damage though right?
superfreddy17/11/2019 14:29

...Shouldn't think I've done any damage though right?

You may not think you have, & we do not know. You did the screwing. What do you think?
Hopefully you're not screwed.
Next time just pad the bolts out with Penny washers or cut the bolts down with a hacksaw.
superfreddy17/11/2019 14:29

Yeah I think they are spacers. I found them in my old monitor …Yeah I think they are spacers. I found them in my old monitor box.Initially I did screw the screws in without the spacers and then felt some resistance. Shouldn't think I've done any damage though right?

No idea. I had the same issue with a tv, hence why I used a tooth pick to see how deep the holes were so I didn’t screw into the back of the screen...! Good job I did too, I had to cut the bolts down.
Edited by: "ktm666" 17th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants