Mounting soundbar above TV - anybody ever done this?

Found 22nd Sep 2015
Due to the design of my living room, I don't really have the space for a 5.1 system or even a soundbar below the TV (due to the cra*py X design of the Samsung TV stand).. therefore, I'm considering to mount the soundbar above the TV using Universal brackets from Amazon (item code: B00IARV752)

Anyone ever done this before? Pro's/con's?

4 Comments

I don't see a problem with it. I'd want it level with my ears but do what you can.

I've done it with my Sonos Playbar on brick and before I moved it was hanging on plasterboard wall (external).

No real problems for me. I've not put the cables in the wall though - they are masked by a sleeve that is pretty much the same colour as the wall. That could be your only sticking point potentially I guess.

I also opted to ignore the brackets. Screws, plugs straight in the wall both times. Goes without saying, but getting the screws / bracket level is key.
Edited by: "baoth" 22nd Sep 2015

If your sound bar has an optical input then you could buy an optical cable and fit your sound bar anywhere in the room where you have a nearby power socket and the cable can be hidden?

Worked for me

Original Poster

rev6

I don't see a problem with it. I'd want it level with my ears but do what … I don't see a problem with it. I'd want it level with my ears but do what you can.

You're right, ideally I would want it level with my ears but the Samsung TV stand is stopping me from doing that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants