Mouth Ulcer Treatment - anyone recommend one?

16 replies
Found 23rd Dec 2009
Hi all.
Just found out that the mouth ulcer ointment the Missus swears by isn't being made any more (Adcortyl, by E.R Squibb, if anyone else has been trying to get hold of it)

What does anyone recommend as the best treatment for painful mouth ulcers???

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Banned

those tiny little tablets you stick on ulcer, off to find the name of them, they are brill

bonjela once is great

Id say Bonjela
Hurts like hell when you put it on so the relief from then on in is fab!

Banned

there called Corlan pelletts (Hydrocortisone 2,5mg) think yooneu pop one on every 4 hours, and by tomorrow it will be gone

ettam123;7312614

bonjela once is great

+1

Look in your missus baking cupboard for bicarb of soda. A dab on a wet finger then onto the ulcer. Doesn't taste that great but works brilliantly.

bonjela and rinsing mouth out regularly with salt water

Banned

why has adcortyl stopped being made?? great stuff!! best treatment by far!!!

if anyone can find a place that still has this in stock let me know please

rm13_hammer;7313204

why has adcortyl stopped being made?? great stuff!! best treatment by … why has adcortyl stopped being made?? great stuff!! best treatment by far!!!if anyone can find a place that still has this in stock let me know please

A manufacturing decision,perhaps it wasn't too popular these days!

I always find bonjela (or any gels for that matter) a nightmare as they just roll of the ulcer around your finger. When my daughter's were teething I also had this problem so asked for an alternative and was recommended Anbesol liquid and my god, it's fab. You have to ask for it in the pharmacy and it comes in a tiny bottle, is anaesthetic and antiseptic so heals it and numbs it and it's the only thing I can use when I have an ulcer, have recommended to loads of others now and they all think its fab too.

I've always used TCP - Tastes like crap, smells like crap but works wonders

Bi-carb soda is good. The best thing I find is Anti-bacterial (as opposed to anti-septic) mouthwash - rinse with that before you go to bed and they'll be gone by morning. :-)

I have just bought some (iglu) its like a wax and it stays exactly where you put it. it also works really well

Anbesol - i swear by it

i suffered terribly in Uni - probably from the 2 hours sleep a night.
i found salt to be the best to get rid. put some directly on the ulcer - it will eventually go numb, then wash your mouth out with some salty water.
worked a treat for me everytime - hurts a fair bit though

Original Poster

Da missus says thank you to everyone! Heat sprayed liberally around
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769543
    2. Add one, leave one game54415458
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654

See more discussions