Expired

Move from Contract to PAYG with Three

Found 27th Aug 2013
As my 2 sons hardly ever use their mobiles and their contracts have just ended I want to switch them from contract to Three's 321 PAYG tariff.

I got a PAC code as I was going to move to Ovivo, but decided to stick with Three as any credit will not expire.
When I called Three the Muppet From Mumbai said I needed to port to another supplier, get the phones unlocked and then use the PAC code. Once everything has settled down get a PAC code from them and transfer their numbers back to Three.

This just does not seem correct to me and any advice would be appreciated.
Community Updates
7 Comments
Get payg sim, use Pac code to port number over, surely?
Actually, the CS rep was correct, according to this
How do u know its Mumbai? Racist isn't it. Anyway, they are right, I had to do the same thing
Bumbee8384

How do u know its Mumbai? Racist isn't it. Anyway, they are right, I had … How do u know its Mumbai? Racist isn't it. Anyway, they are right, I had to do the same thing

how do you know its not in Mumbai and when did "muppet" become a racist comment?
Original Poster
So I have to pay someone to unlock my phones to switch. If I have to do that Ovivo may as well have my business with a one off payment of £15 and that;s it for life!

Thanks for the answers
That's strange, I've never had a problem getting transferred from contract to PAYG with the same provider (admittedly never 3). I know I can't transfer from one PAYM account to another but I have gone from PAYM to PAYG with O2, Tesco and VM with no problems whatsoever.
When contracts expire you go into a rolling contract(same as previous contract and same cost), phone three and ask to be put on a rolling contract (like the £12.90 pm or something, even have a look online at my3 account to see of you can change stuff there.

I have done this with 02 so I am certain three can do it as well, remember to emphasise the fact your not leaving three.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants