Groups

Moved to 3 network and mobile data very slow with 4g/3g

Hi, I have recently moved to 3 network sim contract from O2 network, since the port i am experiencing very slow mobile data speeds with 4g/3g connection. Using an iPhone 6s and at home i get okay network coverage at 2 bars; however at work with good network coverage I'm also having the same issue. wifi is okay and i have restarted device several times since the port. Any ideas?

10 Comments

Need some more info. How do the speeds compare to the tests you did on the 3 network before you chose to port? Were the tests via a 3 PAYG SIM or a buddy's 3 contract SIM? Did you use the same iPhone for the tests?

Are you actually getting 3/4G? I'm with 3 and I don't think I very seldom do i ever see the phone show 4G.

AndyRoyd

Need some more info. How do the speeds compare to the tests you did on … Need some more info. How do the speeds compare to the tests you did on the 3 network before you chose to port? Were the tests via a 3 PAYG SIM or a buddy's 3 contract SIM? Did you use the same iPhone for the tests?

betting he didnt test network performance before changing. a friend did same a few years ago. at home fone only worked in the garden shed.

Always check with people on the network you're switching to before you switch.

My local area is horrendous with O2 due to an oversubscribed mast, despite decent 3G signal through the town. There's a 4G mast being held up by planning at the local council. I moved away from them to EE but before I did I asked friends at work what networks they were on and their experiences and decided from there.

Signal strength is only part of the battle and the local 3 masts may simply not be able to cope. Get in contact with 3 and check there's no faults they haven't discovered yet too.

I was with 3 and thought the 3g/4g was good
    It wasn't until i changed to plus net i realised how slow 3 really was

Changed from Vodafone to Three and regret it, 4G is ok near my house which isn't relevant because wifi, Away from house it's crap in general. Vodafone's coverage seems light years ahead and faster.

It's hard to believe that 3 started all the 3G network off first but seem worst at it.

I have been told by EE that they won't price match data contracts with anything to do with three as the network speeds are not anywhere near as good as EE. I was seeing if EE could match the ID mobile 5GB data sim for £10.

4g all day long on three in sarf London

it's where you live. my EE signal was terrible yet with three it's fantastic and super fast
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions