Found 23rd Dec 2008
Ok, I have managed to move my toolbar ( the one with the start menu ) upto the top of my screen. ( I Think it was my little girl playing about! )

But I now can't remember for the life of me how to move it back again?

Rep given to anyone who can help me, thanks!

1. Misc
  2. Tool
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Tool
25 Comments

click on the middle of the toolbar and drag in down to the bottom but first right click on it and check if lock the taskbar has a tick is next to it if it does uncheck it then click on move it

i always thought you could just click and drag it back, but i just tried and that didn't work, i'm sure someone else will be here to answer properly soon!!

Original Poster

rocko5000;3842666

click on the middle of the toolbar and drag in down to the bottom but … click on the middle of the toolbar and drag in down to the bottom but first right click on it and check if lock the taskbar has a tick is next to it if it does uncheck it then click on move it

Thank you! It worked! Rep added :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sancho1983;3842671

i always thought you could just click and drag it back, but i just tried … i always thought you could just click and drag it back, but i just tried and that didn't work, i'm sure someone else will be here to answer properly soon!!

It just needs to be unlocked first! Thats why it wouldn't move for me! Rep added for taking time to reply to me :-D

Handy tip.
Press windows key then e to get to my computer quick :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Ok now my address bar has disappeared....hmmmm :thinking:

munnski;3842711

Ok now my address bar has disappeared....hmmmm :thinking:

What browser you using?

For Internet Explorer:

View -> Toolbars -> Address Bar

Get a mouse with no buttons :roll:

Original Poster

dontasciime;3842836

Get a mouse with no buttons :roll:

lol, good idea :-D

Original Poster

esq3585;3842811

What browser you using?

Got it sorted, thank you, rep added :thumbsup:

Banned

and the moral of this story is...................

1. password protect your windows userid with just a couple of characters (e.g. 'qz')
2. put a sleep timer on 10 minutes that needs the password when woken

you're just asking for trouble letting young children loose unattended.

csiman;3842977

and the moral of this story is...................1. password protect your … and the moral of this story is...................1. password protect your windows userid with just a couple of characters (e.g. 'qz')2. put a sleep timer on 10 minutes that needs the password when wokenyou're just asking for trouble letting young children loose unattended.

Amen to that. :whistling:

Last time i went to see my dad my little brother had managed to turn the screen 90 degrees to the right it had been like it for about a month

csiman;3842977

and the moral of this story is...................1. password protect your … and the moral of this story is...................1. password protect your windows userid with just a couple of characters (e.g. 'qz')2. put a sleep timer on 10 minutes that needs the password when wokenyou're just asking for trouble letting young children loose unattended.

The amount of PC's I have went to fix where the kids or sometimes adults deny any wrongdoing :whistling:

csiman;3842977

Even better advice - create a 'limited' user account and use it for every day functions. Not only will this prevent kids (and others) from installing or deleting system files, but if you pick up any nasties on the web, they won't be able to access system files either (as you can't!). Password protect your full account and use it only for changing system information and installing/uninstalling programs.

I know this won't stop kiddies from moving toolbars, but even in the worst case scenario you could delete the limited user account and create a new one!

sancho1983;3842995

Last time i went to see my dad my little brother had managed to turn the … Last time i went to see my dad my little brother had managed to turn the screen 90 degrees to the right it had been like it for about a month

ctrl + alt + arrow key depending if its clock or counter clockwise rotational (this also works for un and down keys for) ooooooooʍ ʇxǝʇ uʍopǝpısdn ʎzɐɹɔ

note this only works of a few intel processors so dont all expect it to work

Just tilt your screen by 180 degree...you wil get it right... :-D

tsar_nate;3843243

ctrl + alt + arrow key depending if its clock or counter clockwise … ctrl + alt + arrow key depending if its clock or counter clockwise rotational (this also works for un and down keys for) ooooooooʍ ʇxǝʇ uʍopǝpısdn ʎzɐɹɔnote this only works of a few intel processors so dont all expect it to work

yeah this was ages ago, i got it sorted, just went onto google and typed in 'screen turned round problem' immedietely found the answer, he seemed to think it wouldn't work :?

another tip: Windows Key + Pause key brings up system information.
another tip: Windows Key + L - locks the PC.

best one is: start (Windows Key) + D. - shows the desktop.

Alt + F4 lets you play really cool secret games..... honestly.......

same with (ctrl + alt + del) x 2:-D

Original Poster

:-D Thanks for your help everyone, ( and all the hints and tips )

Child wasn't left on her own unattended, she was beside me and asked to 'touch the computer' I didn't see much harm in it! Won't be agreeing to that again ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions