Movie Box now on Android

Found 24th Aug 2013
Right guys n gals, Movie Box is without doubt the best reason to jailbreak your IOS device and now it has landed on Android (well kind of).
Currently only showing TV shows but hopefully movies coming soon.
Link in 1st page to Movie Box twitter and follow the link to the
APK file (dont think mods will allow direct link)
Community Updates
MiscMovie & SeriesAndroid
93 Comments
Does the Android device need to be rooted?
well got a nice list of tv shows to watch but not been able to watch any of them, seems a bit pants
Apn failed for me but it's on play store now.
iIZqak

well got a nice list of tv shows to watch but not been able to watch any … well got a nice list of tv shows to watch but not been able to watch any of them, seems a bit pants

Could be your ISP blocking it, get round it by using a VPN, there are free ones out there and it's simple to set up.
Thanks. Works brilliantly for me. Nice one.
dcx_badass

I still think you're involved with this, try so hard to force it down … I still think you're involved with this, try so hard to force it down people's throats at every single chance. It's far from the best reason to jailbreak.

Tried this on your touchpad? Won't play on mine.

Anything like this still exist for xbmc?
Cheers, worked for me, going to watch Revolution now
dcx_badass

I still think you're involved with this, try so hard to force it down … I still think you're involved with this, try so hard to force it down people's throats at every single chance. It's far from the best reason to jailbreak.

Cheers for the compliment but i wish i was that smart to do this kind of stuff.
Movie Box saved me from downloading all kinds of crap films and tv shows for the wife, so for me (and the wife) it is the best reason to jailbreak.

Sancho, it's working on my touchpad, i'm still on CM9 though (build date 16/08/12) don't know if that has anything to do with it.
I discovered Mbox today but it's very hit and miss like the server is going on and off. Got Show Box a few hours ago and not failed yet.
It's funny that the link is to an app called showbox. There is also an app called moviebox on Play store. So is this safe to use?
Peegy

It's funny that the link is to an app called showbox. There is also an … It's funny that the link is to an app called showbox. There is also an app called moviebox on Play store. So is this safe to use?

Movie Box team ‏@moviebox_app 23 AugGuys, sorry for silence. Try out M … Movie Box team ‏@moviebox_app 23 AugGuys, sorry for silence. Try out Movie Box lite for Android. It called Show Box and contains only tv-shows.

It's called Show Box.
Edited by: "greatest666" 24th Aug 2013
Simply movies for xbmc, works a treat
From experience I would say if you find an app like this get "App-backup-and restore" or some such so you have a copy of it that can't disappear overnight from your device because Play can do that. Also email yourself it so it's on the cloud;-)
boabbyrab

Cheers for the compliment but i wish i was that smart to do this kind of … Cheers for the compliment but i wish i was that smart to do this kind of stuff.Movie Box saved me from downloading all kinds of crap films and tv shows for the wife, so for me (and the wife) it is the best reason to jailbreak.Sancho, it's working on my touchpad, i'm still on CM9 though (build date 16/08/12) don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Can't remember what mine is, pretty sure it's newer than that. It gets to the video, looks like it will play, looks like it's loading the video in the time bar at the bottom but doesn't play. If I drag the slider I get a still of the relevant part, but still no video.

Works on my phone perfectly though, and I found the xbmc add on so thanks.
Peegy

It's funny that the link is to an app called showbox. There is also an … It's funny that the link is to an app called showbox. There is also an app called moviebox on Play store. So is this safe to use?

Movie Box team ‏@moviebox_app 23 AugGuys, sorry for silence. Try out M … Movie Box team ‏@moviebox_app 23 AugGuys, sorry for silence. Try out Movie Box lite for Android. It called Show Box and contains only tv-shows.

If you follow the link and click on the pictures it shows movie box 2.1 so which is it?
Peegy

If you follow the link and click on the pictures it shows movie box 2.1 … If you follow the link and click on the pictures it shows movie box 2.1 so which is it?

On IOS devices it is called Movie Box, on Android it's Show Box.
Peegy

If you follow the link and click on the pictures it shows movie box 2.1 … If you follow the link and click on the pictures it shows movie box 2.1 so which is it?

The link takes you to the Movie Box Teams twitter account, where they have tweeted a link to their new app, Show Box.
boabbyrab

On IOS devices it is called Movie Box, on Android it's Show Box.

Ok thanks.
Sky blocked movie box and still do now and again, if the wife wants to watch something, she just waits abouts 10 minutes and it was fine for a few hours. If i wanted to watch something whilst blocked, i would use freevpn then disable it when i was finished with it.
When I try and watch something now it opens my browser with a 404 Not Found page.
Is it borked or do I need to use a VPN?
If I need to use a VPN, how do I do that?

Anyone?
Just free vpn here
http://www.justfreevpn.com/]
Take a note of the code
Follow the set up guide here
Your text here

Code only lasts 6 hours at a time (not the time when set up, it's when they put it up)

*****DO NOT ACCESS ANY IMPORTANT INFO WHEN CONNECTED TO A FREE VPN*****
Edited by: "boabbyrab" 31st Aug 2013
Thanks, I've done that and I'm connected on my PC but how do I connect with my tablet?
I'm still getting the 404 on that.
Edited by: "greatest666" 31st Aug 2013
Wow, I wasn't expecting it to be so well executed. Quality is great on high on my new Nexus, some slight buffering issues every now and then.

Cheers OP
greatest666

Thanks, I've done that and I'm connected on my PC but how do I connect … Thanks, I've done that and I'm connected on my PC but how do I connect with my tablet?I'm still getting the 404 on that.

Configure Free PPTP VPN account in Google Android smartphones and tablets

Go to “Settings” on your mobile phone, and select “Wireless Controls"; Select “VPN settings”; Select “Add VPN”; Select “Add PPTP VPN”; Set “VPN name” as “xx.justfreevpn.com”; Set “VPN server” as “xx.justfreevpn.com”; Click “Connect” now; Once there is a small key-like icon on the left side of your notification bar, your android device is connected to the VPN.
boabbyrab

Configure Free PPTP VPN account in Google Android smartphones and … Configure Free PPTP VPN account in Google Android smartphones and tabletsGo to “Settings” on your mobile phone, and select “Wireless Controls"; Select “VPN settings”; Select “Add VPN”; Select “Add PPTP VPN”; Set “VPN name” as “xx.justfreevpn.com”; Set “VPN server” as “xx.justfreevpn.com”; Click “Connect” now; Once there is a small key-like icon on the left side of your notification bar, your android device is connected to the VPN.

Brilliant, thanks
Just tried this. Works fine off my BT infinity but unable to stream anything off Tmobile 3g.

The app just hangs and crashes
This is working perfectly on my S3 via 3g and set up the vpn very easily so working with sky broadband
shanz172000

This is working perfectly on my S3 via 3g and set up the vpn very easily … This is working perfectly on my S3 via 3g and set up the vpn very easily so working with sky broadband

Seems to be a bit hit and miss for me on 3G.

Note the app is available on google play:

Your text here

Since installing the google play version (which is the same as the drop box link) streaming over 3G seems to work! Could just be a coincidence
Amazing selection of shows!
Seems to work OK on nexus 4 over 3g and WiFi(virgin)

How do they get all the shows? Is it illegal?

What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is there something easier/better?
Thanks all
Edited by: "phil001" 1st Sep 2013
Doesn't work with Sky BB. But working solid using three tethering to my Nexus. Very good program.
exStudent

Doesn't work with Sky BB. But working solid using three tethering to my … Doesn't work with Sky BB. But working solid using three tethering to my Nexus. Very good program.

Works with my Sky B/B, could always go down the VPN route to get it working.

phil001

Don't worry about the legalities over it, no one will come knocking on your door. Worst thing that could happen is Google Play take it down but the apk file is out there to be downloaded.

What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is there … What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is there something easier/better?

Been wondering this myself, dcx_badass and and others may be able to answer that one.

exStudent

Doesn't work with Sky BB. But working solid using three tethering to my … Doesn't work with Sky BB. But working solid using three tethering to my Nexus. Very good program.

phil001

What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is there … What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is there something easier/better?

Well it works fine on xbmc. So in theory a Raspberry Pi would work, but I haven't got one set up to test it.
exStudent

phil001

What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is … What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is there something easier/better?

Can you run an android ap through xbmc then?
Sorry,know nothing about it!
phil001

Can you run an android ap through xbmc then?Sorry,know nothing about it!

No (well not as you say). Somebody has created an add-on which uses the same site/setup as the app does.
Oh OK, cool.
Thanks
phil001

Amazing selection of shows!Seems to work OK on nexus 4 over 3g and … Amazing selection of shows!Seems to work OK on nexus 4 over 3g and WiFi(virgin)How do they get all the shows? Is it illegal?What's the best way to get this on a TV? Android stick thing or is there something easier/better?Thanks all

Guessing you have the Nexus 4, and I don't think it supports MHL but SlimPort instead. It basically allows you to plug in a HDMI into the charger port of your phone, and it uses your tv like its screen.

Anyone know of a cheap Slimport supplier? Amazon seems to want £20-£30 for them which is pretty rediculous compared to MHL!

Edit* tbh, I've avoided doing any media tampering over the past month or so as I'm hoping the Chromecast will be announced for UK release next week, which may completely change media consumption in my household.

Edited by: "jaybear88" 1st Sep 2013
jaybear88

Guessing you have the Nexus 4, and I don't think it supports MHL but … Guessing you have the Nexus 4, and I don't think it supports MHL but SlimPort instead. It basically allows you to plug in a HDMI into the charger port of your phone, and it uses your tv like its screen. Anyone know of a cheap Slimport supplier? Amazon seems to want £20-£30 for them which is pretty rediculous compared to MHL!Edit* tbh, I've avoided doing any media tampering over the past month or so as I'm hoping the Chromecast will be announced for UK release next week, which may completely change media consumption in my household.

thanks for that, think i'd seen that that was possible, but would prefer not to have to plug the phone in, seems a bit of a mess around.
will keep an eye out for the chomecast dongle too, but would only be interested if it allowed local media streaming too
now it wont play anything unless i use a VPN (nexus 4 on '3')
yesterday was working fine without.

not even sure what what a vpn does/what the security risks are?
just followed the instructions on justfreevpn, the uk vpn server wouldn't connect, only the us one
If you spend a decent amount of time watching Movies and TV shows, this is the BEST app around.
I have it on my Jailbroken iPhone and use it most days. Brilliant to airplay to my Apple TV and saves me time downloading stuff.

No need for Netflix and all the others. This has almost all of the most popular movies and TV shows.
It is illegal... All the files are hosted in russia, and no royalties are paid to any of the people involved in the film/TV show production, but if you can live with that, you won't regret it.

Some ISPs will block access to the content, but that's the fault of the ISP, not the app.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions