Groups

Movie editing software for a pc....Help!!!!

Hi all...we have bought my 12 year old daughter a second hand Sony Vaio pc for christmas. Shes obsessed with making daft little videos on her iPhone with her mates, and is always on about wanting to edit them.Any ideas on good editing software? The Vaio has got windows 10. Thanks in advance x

13 Comments

I use Premiere Pro, but it's not cheap, Premiere Elements maybe, Sony Vegas, there may be others, I think Microsoft has a free one as well.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I use Premiere Pro, but it's not cheap, Premiere Elements maybe, Sony … I use Premiere Pro, but it's not cheap, Premiere Elements maybe, Sony Vegas, there may be others, I think Microsoft has a free one as well.

Thankyou for replying....could she record her videos on her iPhone, and then transfer it to the laptop via a usb cable? Sorry to sound so thick, im a total technophobe!

hotstuff1970

Thankyou for replying....could she record her videos on her iPhone, and … Thankyou for replying....could she record her videos on her iPhone, and then transfer it to the laptop via a usb cable? Sorry to sound so thick, im a total technophobe!

Yeah that would work fine.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Yeah that would work fine.

Thanks so much x

Banned

Windows movie maker is free, failing that check Piratebay for anything else.

Premiere Pro is total overkill for a 12 year old! She just wants a BASIC editing program, did a quick google and came up with `VideoPad Video Editor`, and it`s FREE.

malinky1

Premiere Pro is total overkill for a 12 year old! She just wants a BASIC … Premiere Pro is total overkill for a 12 year old! She just wants a BASIC editing program, did a quick google and came up with `VideoPad Video Editor`, and it`s FREE.

How can you say "she just wants" how do you know what she wants? She may want something more advanced than VideoPad.

What spec is the laptop? Vegas and Premier Pro are pretty intense so may not even work well with the laptop.

I use Hitfilm Express - it's free and professional. Inside it for making my weekly gaming videos on YouTube. Very easy to get your head around, yet not too simple either!

Lightworks has a fully working free version and is as close to Prem Pro as makes no difference and is industry standard (as much as there is a standard). Like Prem, the lerning curve is steep but well worth it. If the laptop can run it!

lwks.com/

Microsoft movie maker is part of Microsoft essentials coming with every windows system. will be perfectly fine for basic editing clips from phone.

Original Poster

Thanks guys for taking the time to answer x

Hahahaha I highly doubt any 12year old is going to take the time to learn premier pro
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions