Groups

movies for the kids

i'm trying to add to my kids movie collection for the wet summer days, i'm after movies that are certificate 12 or less, that contain a good measure of slap stick humour, baddies, car chases, explosions,animals but the movie doesn't have to contain all of these elements.
    what is your family favourites? forgot to mention no animation

59 Comments

try morrisons they have disney dvds at 2.99

Space Jam is maybe a bit young for them but my kids always loved it:).

youtube.com/wat…I8g

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5859846

How old are your kids? the Spy kids movies are quite good, bit old, but … How old are your kids? the Spy kids movies are quite good, bit old, but still worth a watch:)

they are 6 + 7

Original Poster

mikebike;5859872

Space Jam is maybe a bit young for them but my kids always loved … Space Jam is maybe a bit young for them but my kids always loved it:).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFwXDN3sI8g

forgot to mention no animation

also tk ur kids to odeon for not so new movies for 2.50 kids screenings.

solarforce;5859948

forgot to mention no animation

It is a mix of both animation and real actors and very good in my opinion:)

Original Poster

magicbeans;5859953

also tk ur kids to odeon for not so new movies for 2.50 kids screenings.

thanks for that, but my son loves watching movies over and over again, his favourites are movies like RV, the new herbie movie, snow dogs, home alone, wild hogs.
    i'm after movie titles that i can purchase on dvd.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5859957

Have they seen Space Buddies, Air Buddies etc?

yes got the buddies series

solarforce;5859984

thanks for that, but my son loves watching movies over and over again, … thanks for that, but my son loves watching movies over and over again, his favourites are movies like RV, the new herbie movie, snow dogs, home alone, wild hogs.i'm after movie titles that i can purchase on dvd.

night at the museum
    bedtime stories
    hotel for dogs (if its out?)
    oooo THUNDERPANTS!! its hilarious!!
    zathura...really good for boys!
    jumanji

Original Poster

mikebike;5859966

It is a mix of both animation and real actors and very good in my … It is a mix of both animation and real actors and very good in my opinion:)

thanks for your suggestion, but my son doesn't like animated movies, my daughter would probably love it, but i'm really after movies that the whole family can watch and enjoy.

I think buying DVDs for kids is worth while because kids will watch them over and over again to the point of knowing them word for word. If you're on a budget get down to a charity shop and check out their VHS videos, they can't get rid of them and are almost giving them away. Okay they're old but if your kids haven't seen them then what does it matter.

Original Poster

magicbeans;5860003

night at the museum bedtime stories hotel for dogs (if its out?) … night at the museum bedtime stories hotel for dogs (if its out?) oooo THUNDERPANTS!! its hilarious!! zathura...really good for boys! jumanji

night at the museum got
    bedtime stories perfect
    hotel for dogs (if its out?) watched inthe cinema and they loved it
    oooo THUNDERPANTS!! its hilarious!! perfect
    zathura...really good for boys! perfect
    jumanji got and watched to death
    thank you

Mousehunt?

Back to the future 123
    The princess bride

Original Poster

Captain Hook;5860008

I think buying DVDs for kids is worth while because kids will watch them … I think buying DVDs for kids is worth while because kids will watch them over and over again to the point of knowing them word for word. If you're on a budget get down to a charity shop and check out their VHS videos, they can't get rid of them and are almost giving them away. Okay they're old but if your kids haven't seen them then what does it matter.

thanks captain, we only have dvd players, but i'm sure your advice will be helpful to others

starsparkle2311;5860023

lol, you've probably got all the ones I can think of then:pUnderdogWater … lol, you've probably got all the ones I can think of then:pUnderdogWater HorseLabirynthNever Ending StoryMadelineMatildaGremlins!!!!! I know it's a 15, but there's only a couple of scenes that give it that rating, my 2 liked it anyway,lolGhostbustersHarry Potter

I used to love Ghostbusters as a kid!!

What about Garfield/Scooby Doo films? Home Alone movies (ok they're old, but still funny!!)
    Oldies I know, but they'll be cheap to buy

starsparkle2311;5860072

The Goonies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every kid deserves to see that one, total … The Goonies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every kid deserves to see that one, total classic:-D

Agreed!!

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5860023

lol, you've probably got all the ones I can think of then:pUnderdogWater … lol, you've probably got all the ones I can think of then:pUnderdogWater HorseLabirynthNever Ending StoryMadelineMatildaGremlins!!!!! I know it's a 15, but there's only a couple of scenes that give it that rating, my 2 liked it anyway,lolGhostbustersHarry PotterOldies I know, but they'll be cheap to buy

this is the sort of movies that i'm after, neverending story is now on the list, the others we already have, except for ghostbusters, harry potter and the gremlins which i have tried them but find them to scary

Original Poster

Titchimp;5860090

Back to the future 123The princess bride

added to list cheers,
    i love princess bride, havent seen that in years

solarforce;5860095

thanks captain, we only have dvd players, but i'm sure your advice will … thanks captain, we only have dvd players, but i'm sure your advice will be helpful to others

yup us too, i'm just off to the dump to get rid of our colection of about 200 vhs tapes that having been up in the attic for ages

Go onto Amazon or Lovefilm and you can browse thousands of kids films

solarforce;5860166

added to list cheers,i love princess bride, havent seen that in years

It was a fav at uni.

Another one..

Hook,.

Goonies!!!!!

Original Poster

Titchimp;5860185

It was a fav at uni. Another one.. Hook,.

added

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5860194

George of the Jungle

added

Original Poster

Captain Hook;5860184

yup us too, i'm just off to the dump to get rid of our colection of about … yup us too, i'm just off to the dump to get rid of our colection of about 200 vhs tapes that having been up in the attic for agesGo onto Amazon or Lovefilm and you can browse thousands of kids films

just trying to save sometime researching hundreds of movies

Titchimp;5860185

It was a fav at uni. Another one.. [COLOR="Red"]Hook[/COLOR],.

Awesome film :-D

Original Poster

Grapey;5860082

Mousehunt?

we all love this movie

Charlie and the chocolate factory (the original one)

Mrs doubtfire

Original Poster

my son watched smokie and the bandit yesterday and loved it, he loves watching car chases can anybody think of movies that contain cars, he hates the old herbie movies.
    thanks guys for all your help so far.

Original Poster

Titchimp;5860280

Charlie and the chocolate factory (the original one)Mrs doubtfire

titchimp your a star, doubtfire now on the list
    got charlie new and old

solarforce;5860299

my son watched smokie and the bandit yesterday and loved it, he loves … my son watched smokie and the bandit yesterday and loved it, he loves watching car chases can anybody think of movies that contain cars, he hates the old herbie movies.thanks guys for all your help so far.

Transformers is one of the only ones i can think of.
    Well.. you have starsky and hutch but thats for older kids.

Alvin and the chipmunks (the movie)
    Agent Cody Banks
    Bridge to Terabithia
    Charlie and the chocolate factory
    Charlottes web
    Free Willy (1,2 + 3 i think).
    The golden compass
    Homeward Bound
    Hook
    Kangaroo jack
    Nanny Mcphee
    Nim's island
    Polar express
    Racing Stripes (my kids loved that)
    Spiderwick chronicles

Banned

Terminator 1+2
    Star Wars Trilogy
    Indiana Jones Trilogy

Original Poster

Titchimp;5860322

Transformers is one of the only ones i can think of. Well.. you have … Transformers is one of the only ones i can think of. Well.. you have starsky and hutch but thats for older kids.

transformers is already on the list, s & h is just out of the age group

solarforce;5860299

my son watched smokie and the bandit yesterday and loved it, he loves … my son watched smokie and the bandit yesterday and loved it, he loves watching car chases can anybody think of movies that contain cars, he hates the old herbie movies.thanks guys for all your help so far.

What about Knight Rider.
    I'm sure he'd love a talking car

Then there's dukes of hazard, starsky and hutch...

starsparkle2311;5860072

The Goonies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every kid deserves to see that one, total … The Goonies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every kid deserves to see that one, total classic:-D

My 6 year old loves the Goonies!

He also loves Speed Racer - great visual film)

Peter Pan (great for my 6yr old boy and 3yr old girl)

Original Poster

Terminator 1+2 no
    Star Wars Trilogy no

Indiana Jones Trilogy got

i dont class t 1+2 suitable for 6+7 year olds

t

Chitty chitty bang bang.. not that ive ever seen it but it has cars

Sinbad movies

20,000 Leagues under the Sea

Jason and the Argonauts

Original Poster

magough;5860337

What about Knight Rider.I'm sure he'd love a talking car :)Then there's … What about Knight Rider.I'm sure he'd love a talking car :)Then there's dukes of hazard, starsky and hutch...

adding knightrider and dukes tv series to the list. cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions