Movies with a shock exit...

Found 2nd Aug 2017
Ever have that moment when you're lying in bed, half asleep - half awake and the most random thought pops into your noddle? Had me one of those, I did. I started thinking about movies where a big name actor suddenly gets bumped off without warning not long into the film, leaving you thinking eh? Ok, where's this going...

Ones that immediately sprang to mind were:

Executive Decision - Steven Segal's 'vacuum' moment!
Children of Men - Julianne Moore's "accident" in the car.
Deep Blue Sea - Sam J's 'snappy' exit.

Now, it doesn't count if they die, only to appear later in the film as ghosts or flashbacks etc. They have to be gone - finito. What others can you think of?
Community Updates
!!!MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!!!
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
Top comments
Anything Sean Bean is in.
27 Comments
Trump, The first Year
Anything Sean Bean is in.
Alien covenant, (non intrusive spoiler) James Franco dies before he is in it... You only see him in a later scene when a crew member watches back a recording.
Bambi.
The untouchables
Pyscho.. the original one.
Gwyneth Paltrow in Contagion, Bryan Cranston in Godzilla
Guy Pearce - The Hurt Locker
John Hurt in Alien
Bryan Cranston in Godzilla.
Presumably Walter White had a meth order he needed fulfiilling stat.
Clooney in Gravity!
Terminator 3, I cried.
Original Poster
zworld1 h, 6 m ago

Clooney in Gravity!

See, I was going to mention "Gravity" but then I thought that it goes against my own rule - Clooney does feature later in the movie, doesn't he? Rule aside, your suggestion is a good one.

Now, perrioli's suggestion regarding Guy Pearce is spot on. Totally forgot about that one. Great film.
Josh Brolin - No Country for Old Men
Original Poster
kay19923 m ago

Josh Brolin - No Country for Old Men

That's at the end though, isn't it?
Phsycronix18 m ago

That's at the end though, isn't it?

Yes but did not expect him to go out the way he did, very out of nowhere left disappointed. Wish he'd put up more of a fight.
Edited by: "kay1992" 2nd Aug 2017
Dicaprio - The Departed.
The Other Guys - when they jump off t'roof
Robert De Niro - 15 Minutes
Ryan reynolds in life
Phsycronix2nd Aug

See, I was going to mention "Gravity" but then I thought that it goes …See, I was going to mention "Gravity" but then I thought that it goes against my own rule - Clooney does feature later in the movie, doesn't he? Rule aside, your suggestion is a good one.Now, perrioli's suggestion regarding Guy Pearce is spot on. Totally forgot about that one. Great film.

If we are ignoring the rules...

Bruce Willis in "The Sixth Sense".
Marlon Brando in "Superman".
Edited by: "fanpages" 5th Aug 2017
Michael Fassbender - Lt. Archie Hicox - Inglourious Basterds - Pub scene
Original Poster
Thought of a new one :-

Channing Tatum - G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Couldn't understand the reason why they decided to bump him off so early in. Wonder what it was?
Original Poster
MIDURIX3rd Aug

That one deffo counts. I liked that movie, even though I'm not a huge Ferrell fan. Good call, Midurix.
Phsycronix1 h, 9 m ago

That one deffo counts. I liked that movie, even though I'm not a huge …That one deffo counts. I liked that movie, even though I'm not a huge Ferrell fan. Good call, Midurix.

The scene where they are talking about the fish and lions or whatever is so funny.
Don’t know if this counts but Optimus Prime in the original Transformers Movie (the cartoon one). Too much for 8 year old me.
MIDURIX3rd Aug

love that , aim for the bushers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions