Groups

Moving

When moving house and family, where do you start packing?

I think I will need lots of ibuforen, argh

22 Comments

room by room, just make sure you label the box's.

Original Poster

labels check, ooh and markers pens.

it's a great time for a clear out!!

Eviction Is Always Upsetting

Original Poster

raptorcigs;4671344

Eviction Is Always Upsetting

lol

Start with all non essential bulk stuff like put loads of clothing / bedding / towels etc. in boxes and suit cases,
    Box all decoration stuff like vase / pictures / books etc,
    Have a big bag / box / skip for junk to throw out and a box for the charity shop.
    Pack all non-essential kitchen stuff and only leave a few plates / cups etc for a few days use.
    Pack almost all kids toys stuff in boxes.

Great tip, when boxing everything make sure you write on the outside of the box what is actually in it and if possible what new room it has to go in.

Oh, and make sure you take an essentials box to a parents house or someone who you trust which has Passports, bank cards, birth certificates, bank statements etc in it. As you dont want that to get lost!

Original Poster

ifyoudontask?;4671396

Oh, and make sure you take an essentials box to a parents house or … Oh, and make sure you take an essentials box to a parents house or someone who you trust which has Passports, bank cards, birth certificates, bank statements etc in it. As you dont want that to get lost!

thats smart, nice one, repped

I made the mistake of doing it myself first time.........hated it. Next time i got removal company to come in and do it all........worth every penny. lol

Original Poster

Syzable;4671430

I made the mistake of doing it myself first time.........hated it. Next … I made the mistake of doing it myself first time.........hated it. Next time i got removal company to come in and do it all........worth every penny. lol

aye got a removals company quoting today, I really can do without that hassle

When you've got kids it's a nightmare........."don't pack that!!!", "I need that!!!" etc etc. :lol:

Syzable;4671444

When you've got kids it's a nightmare........."don't pack that!!!", "I … When you've got kids it's a nightmare........."don't pack that!!!", "I need that!!!" etc etc. :lol:

Pack them in a box and label it 'car boot'. :thumbsup:

smithyp1;4671482

Pack them in a box and label it 'car boot'. :thumbsup:

:lol:

You'll need loads of parcel tape, and plenty boxes, newspapers or bubble wrap...

I just moved two weeks ago, we're still living out of boxes as we work full time not had a min to sort everything out yet... nightmare!

Original Poster

angelwithdirtyw;4672196

You'll need loads of parcel tape, and plenty boxes, newspapers or bubble … You'll need loads of parcel tape, and plenty boxes, newspapers or bubble wrap... I just moved two weeks ago, we're still living out of boxes as we work full time not had a min to sort everything out yet... nightmare!

this makes it all sound so attractive, lol

all my worldly possessions can fit into 5 large suitcases so i just shove all my stuff in then im good to move anywhere :-D

Alfonse;4672579

this makes it all sound so attractive, lol

It's got to be one of the most boring jobs - packing
    we left it to the last minute and we ended up just throwing anything into boxes lol

ilovelilac;4672610

all my worldly possessions can fit into 5 large suitcases so i just shove … all my worldly possessions can fit into 5 large suitcases so i just shove all my stuff in then im good to move anywhere :-D

I wish I could have just done that.. we had two vans full of stuff!

Banned

Start in the attic..spare room...cupboards...anything you don't use daily

I marked all mine with a room (kitchen) then what was in it (pots & pans) (glass) anything that had breakables in it i marked with a large red cross too so i made sure this was kept on top of everything else to stop it getting crushed

angelwithdirtyw;4673086

I wish I could have just done that.. we had two vans full of stuff!

well i am a student plus i always give most of my clothes to charity if i dont wear them or my friends just come round to help themselves too :whistling:

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l;4673114

I marked all mine with a room (kitchen) then what was in it (pots & pans) … I marked all mine with a room (kitchen) then what was in it (pots & pans) (glass) anything that had breakables in it i marked with a large red cross too so i made sure this was kept on top of everything else to stop it getting crushed

thats a good idea :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55

See more discussions