Moving and buying house in Leicester

Found 12th Apr
Hi,
My husband and myself are planning to move to Leicester. We are in search of buying a house there but are not sure of what are the best areas as family to live in Leicester. We are starting our family and need a semi quiet place nearby to supermarkets, small high street, residential but not isolated.

Requirements:
Not in the centre.
Outskirts will be very good, we are happy to drive 10 to 12 mins to the city.
Houses with front and back gardens (spacious)
Indian community near by (if any) would be very good.

On searching online we have found that Oadby, Knighton, wigston are some good area and accessible to the city. Can anyone help us with some suggestions on the best family areas to live in Leicester.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Evington and wigston areas are very varied in their housing and community. You would want to avoid South wigston.
Oadby and Knighton are generally seen as respected residential areas. Oadby has 3 supermrkets (asda, Waitrose and Sainsburys). There is most of what you need in the main shopping parade without having to go into town. Bus routes are good but in rush hour could take 45 minutes to drive into the city. Schools in Oadby are very good and people move there for schooling. Some are over subscribed as applications come from out of the area. Oadby house prices are higher beacause of schools
Knighton is also a pleasant and area popular. Mainly independent retaiers on the main shopping area, goodprimary schools but most people try to get their children into the Oadby schools after primary school. Slightly quicker to get to the centre from Knighton than Oadby, again regular bus routes.
Knighton and oadby both have libraries, there are many pre-school nurseries in both areas.
The are websites that show crime and the social aspect of areas. We've been looking to buy for almost a year now and found these sites very hand, don't have links to hand. I would say visit any more then once. Because we were moving down south we got a tent but that's not likely to be right for a city :-)

Also get on Facebook and check out posting for things like stolen cars and doorstep conmen.
I thought the whole of Leicester was full of Pakistani/Indian community!There you go but I have personally never been there!
I work in Oadby,thats a good shout,has that "village feel"about the place,near to Wigston,and Knighton,plenty of shopping,and good schools too.
Oadby is home to the student village for Leicester university..
Wigston is lovely! As is narborough.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants