Groups

Moving back to BT from VM

Hi, I've had enough of VM high BB prices. I had excellent experience with Be There broadband which is also cheaper and doesn't limit my downloads at all. But in order to get that I need to move back to BT.

How should I go about it phone BT up or cancel VM services first? And I assume I'll have some days cut off from the internet because i only migrate with my MAC code if I have an ADSL connection but with VM it's DSL. Thanks for any help.

7 Comments

Think you need to give notice to VM first if you are out of the contract period.

Original Poster

Yes I am. Would I still be able to get the MAC address?

If your virgin is cable then they are completely seperate; I'd contact BT (I assume you have a line to reconnect), find out how long it will take then cancel virgin (30 days notice) and with any luck you will not be without internet at all.

I think the MAC only applies to ADSL, not Cable.
    All you are doing is starting a new Broadband contract through your Phone Line, it should have nothing to do with Cable.

Original Poster

Right, but I really need to get the BT line connected first because if I'm going to connect to Be* online because of quidco and I need an active BT line. And yes I used to have BT.

my mum complained at vm being too slow she gets 2mb broadband for 99p for 12 months

Original Poster

Thats another 12 months contract, they are just being too greedy, telewest was the best IMHO.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions