Moving fibre suppliers...

Posted 23rd Jan
Does anyone know if a customer is required to give 30 days notice to move an out of contract fibre service to another supplier, in my case Vodafone > NowTV.

Vodafone have charged £27.50 for a months service when I wasn't connected to their network, kept my account open, put the account into arrears with another £60 and have now handed the account over to a debt recovery agency and probably killing my credit score.

Don't seem to be getting anywhere with them and getting a bit stressed now.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Your contract was finished but if you don’t give notice then it will be renewed. It should say this in the contract agreement
If the transition was definitely a switch / transfer and not a cease+reprovision, the inheriting provider should tell the donating provider of the change, and the donating provider would normally inform its customer that a transfer instruction had been received.
Maybe another way to approach this is to ask NowBB to provide you with the transfer notification it issued to Voda?
Note NowBB FAQ states:
Do I need to cancel my existing broadband and calls service?
If you’re joining NOW Broadband from BT, EE, TalkTalk, Plusnet or any other non-cable provider, you won’t need to cancel with them or let them know you’re leaving - we’ll take care of everything.

help.nowtv.com/art…and
You can't just leave and not expect to pay. Out of contract or not you still have to give notice. My advise pay what you owe and take it on the chin. Its only going to get worse for you otherwise.
its in the contracts saying 30 days notice
always give notice and never be a repeat customer . always switch / be a new customer every 12months i do this with virgin get £150 cash back and low price
MonkeyMan9023/01/2020 22:55

You can't just leave and not expect to pay. Out of contract or not you …You can't just leave and not expect to pay. Out of contract or not you still have to give notice. My advise pay what you owe and take it on the chin. Its only going to get worse for you otherwise.

Rubbish. OFCOM identifies the switch process as:
If your current broadband service runs on the Openreach phone network... you can follow a ‘one-stop’ switching process... you don’t need to contact your current provider at all. Instead, your new provider can arrange the transfer for you.
which is exactly what is stated in the NowBB FAQ quote in the post above yours.
Cheers everyone. Think the OFCOM quote pretty much settles this. As I read it only lines not owned by Openreach require 30 days notice
AndyRoyd24/01/2020 03:06

Rubbish. OFCOM identifies the switch process as:If your current broadband …Rubbish. OFCOM identifies the switch process as:If your current broadband service runs on the Openreach phone network... you can follow a ‘one-stop’ switching process... you don’t need to contact your current provider at all. Instead, your new provider can arrange the transfer for you.which is exactly what is stated in the NowBB FAQ quote in the post above yours.

The switchover is a one-stop process, but you still have to give notice or pay an early settlement fee if you're in contract.
cis_groupie24/01/2020 10:42

The switchover is a one-stop process, but you still have to give notice or …The switchover is a one-stop process, but you still have to give notice or pay an early settlement fee if you're in contract.

In this instance we're talking out of contract.
cis_groupie24/01/2020 10:42

The switchover is a one-stop process, but you still have to give notice or …The switchover is a one-stop process, but you still have to give notice or pay an early settlement fee if you're in contract.

More rubbish. If you give the existing provider notice (to terminate an out of contract monthly rolling arrangement), that is a cease instruction, not a switch. For switches, the "notice" is served by the inheriting provider as only that provider can determine the date when the switch occurs.
Dusty24/01/2020 10:23

Cheers everyone. Think the OFCOM quote pretty much settles this. As I read …Cheers everyone. Think the OFCOM quote pretty much settles this. As I read it only lines not owned by Openreach require 30 days notice

Couple of suggestions:
contact Vodafone and confirm its CS acknowledge you dispute the charges. By acknowledge, I mean ask the CS rep if there is an existing billing dispute registered to your account. If there is not one registered, ask that a record of billing dispute request be added to your account notes. Ask them to read back what has been added to the account notes; ensure the word "billing dispute" is included, if not, specifically ask for that phrase to be recorded. Note the date that phrase was added.
Use the webform below to demand an SAR from Voda. Request whatever info you feel may be beneficial to your case, and in the "Information you would like >> Other" field specifically include phrase similar to "please include the notification that you received from Now Broadband notifying Vodafone of a request to switch my service. If you are unable to provide that notification, please indicate 1) the date you received that switch notification and 2) the earliest date Vodafone responded to that switch notification (total minimum two items)".
vodafone.co.uk/gdp…rm/
AndyRoyd24/01/2020 11:09

More rubbish. If you give the existing provider notice (to terminate an …More rubbish. If you give the existing provider notice (to terminate an out of contract monthly rolling arrangement), that is a cease instruction, not a switch. For switches, the "notice" is served by the inheriting provider as only that provider can determine the date when the switch occurs.

I did say "if you're in contract"
cis_groupie24/01/2020 12:06

I did say "if you're in contract"

First line of OPs issue states out of contract
AndyRoyd24/01/2020 12:23

First line of OPs issue states out of contract

OK, I'll amend my comment:

The switchover is a one-stop process, but you still have to give notice or pay an early settlement fee if you're in contract. If you're not in contract the switchover is a one-stop process, and you don't have to give notice or pay an early settlement fee.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants