Moving from and back to EE

Found 10th Jun
Evening.
I am with EE at the moment, out of contract, and took the Affordable Mobiles S9 offer as I couldn't get EE to price match or even come closer.
I would like to keep my number and transfer it over the new contract. As it is the same network, it is not possible, confirmed by one of their advisors, so I need to move to a different network an back.
Question, which network can I port to and from quick and easy without needing to top up a lot as well.
Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
It’s a shame they told you that, they can definitely transfer your number to a different SIM, they did that for me in the past on a cashback deal I couldn’t resist!
Any payg is normally recommend on here, there are set rules for porting numbers across so you shouldn’t have an issue.
Done it from EE to Voda PAYG, as I didnt need to top up to activate the sim, back to EE.

Had no issues.
Jonnoy50 m ago

It’s a shame they told you that, they can definitely transfer your number t …It’s a shame they told you that, they can definitely transfer your number to a different SIM, they did that for me in the past on a cashback deal I couldn’t resist!

I will give them a call back. Maybe manage to talk to a more competent advisor
KingNav3609 m ago

Done it from EE to Voda PAYG, as I didnt need to top up to activate the …Done it from EE to Voda PAYG, as I didnt need to top up to activate the sim, back to EE. Had no issues.

I was thinking of using Vodafone as they have £5 minimum top up, but I will try calling them before topping up
I've done it with a three SIM in the past as they don't require you to top up. Unless they've changed the rules now.
CristianC895 h, 8 m ago

I was thinking of using Vodafone as they have £5 minimum top up, but I …I was thinking of using Vodafone as they have £5 minimum top up, but I will try calling them before topping up

Good luck with Vodafone........
I always thought you couldn’t transfer to the same network but a friend of mine took out a new O2 contract and I had prepared her for the whole switch to a different network P&G sim but when she phoned up O2 they just transferred it across for her. This was taken out a brand new contract from buymobile.
Go to Giff Gaff - you can do a really short term with them, and then go back, when you feel like it.
eslick22 h, 9 m ago

Any payg is normally recommend on here, there are set rules for porting …Any payg is normally recommend on here, there are set rules for porting numbers across so you shouldn’t have an issue.

Some are no good like 02 they need u too top up minimum 10 pounds go with another one that doesn't need top up.
Bigfootpete3 h, 45 m ago

Go to Giff Gaff - you can do a really short term with them, and then go …Go to Giff Gaff - you can do a really short term with them, and then go back, when you feel like it.

But u need top up on Giffgaff don't u problem better go with a free one like three or possibly vodaphone or vectone mobile if they still allow free pc code without a top up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants