Found 23rd Nov 2010
evening!!

looking to move house pretty soon but just wondered if anybody new which estate agents are the cheapest when it comes to selling fees???
does anybody know?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

I'd 'shop' around - their fee in this area varies between 0.5% - 1% with very little difference in the service that they offer.
You may be able to haggle the % down a little bit if the Estate Agent you choose has the highest fees.

Banned

Which area?

Original Poster

DLM

Which area?

Warrington

Original Poster

fungimala

I'd 'shop' around - their fee in this area varies between 0.5% - 1% with … I'd 'shop' around - their fee in this area varies between 0.5% - 1% with very little difference in the service that they offer.You may be able to haggle the % down a little bit if the Estate Agent you choose has the highest fees.

spoke to a local one today and they said they couldn't give me an exact figure i would need to make an appointment. Just wondered if anyone had any good experiences save me seeing every estate agent to get the best one.=, looks like i may have too

Agents wont tell you their fees until you have a valuation from them. Sometimes it depends on the value of your house. IMO they are not worth near as much as you pay them. My advise is get it in writing what they do for the fee also find out if they tie you into a minimum term. (I personally would not go with an agent who ties you into a contract, usually 16wks or so) its a long time if they dont keep to their end of the bargain.
Hope this helps, Ive just gone through it all

Original Poster

thanks everyone for the advice

Banned

ANDYWOODY01

thanks everyone for the advice

Good luck.

Are you moving away from Warrington?

Original Poster

DLM

Good luck.Are you moving away from Warrington?

no staying local

try hatched.co.uk they are great and very low rates also they get you on rightmove which is the best site to be on.

Original Poster

nwressell

try hatched.co.uk they are great and very low rates also they get you on … try hatched.co.uk they are great and very low rates also they get you on rightmove which is the best site to be on.

did u use them?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226666
    2. Which wall design do you like best?45
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35119
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678

See more discussions