Groups

Moving large objects short distances

I've recently purchased a large-ish desk off a certain auction site that although will come disassembled, would still be too large for my modest sized car to take. It's a local pickup. I don't know anyone with a large van or car so I wondered if there are companies that exist that will move objects such as these that won't charge ripoff rates.

Share some HUKD wisdom with me?

9 Comments

Try looking in the removals section on gumtree, there are usually loads of "van & man" for hire on there.
    reasonably priced as well :thumbsup:

Or try this for hiring a van per hour ]http//ww…e-/

check your local paper for a man and van type of thing that will move individual items

Might be cheaper to try a local taxi firm that has a people carrier or big estate car, slip the driver extra for his trouble?? depends how big the item is I suppose

Not sure any other cheap ways?

hire a van from £5.99 an hour from ]here might be an option

Europcar do van hire by the hour, which I think is about £6.00 per hour. You can move it yourself or get a friend to help. See this thread.

hotukdeals.com/ite…e-/

ChipSticks;5463871

Might be cheaper to try a local taxi firm that has a people carrier or … Might be cheaper to try a local taxi firm that has a people carrier or big estate car, slip the driver extra for his trouble?? depends how big the item is I supposeNot sure any other cheap ways?

Was gonna say the same

Original Poster

Thanks guys! Gonna look at the local classifieds for a man with van.

It's at times like this that I feel like I have no life experience :oops:

I have been looking at large cookers on ebay, and there is some listings for man and van on there. May be worth comparing prices.

I was gonna say move it on some hardboard shiny side down.. but.. You want to move maybe too far for this..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?49
      2. Which 32" smart TV?33
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER911
      4. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands33

See more discussions