Moving mobile number

Posted 16th Sep
Feel a bit thick did some googling and yeah just want to get some clarification.
Probably leaving o2 to go to smarty, my contract is up and they can’t get anything lower than 40 odd for an iPhone 36 month which is just silly (boo iPhone) also their sim only deals are a bit poo.
Now do I need to just text 65075 for my pac number and then text (can you text?) smarty and bish bash bosh hello good aim only. Or do I need to tell o2 I’m off.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Text PAC to 65075 using your current O2 sim. You will receive a code. Go to Smarty and choose your sim and create account etc. Then once signed in and your SIM is bought and paid for (they take first month up front), then give them your PAC code.

You will then get a confirmation email/text saying they are contacting your current provider. It should take 2 working days to transfer.

I’ve just done all this on Friday

help.smarty.co.uk/en/…rty
StonkwellBogtrotter16/09/2019 15:03

Text PAC to 65075 using your current O2 sim. You will receive a code. Go …Text PAC to 65075 using your current O2 sim. You will receive a code. Go to Smarty and choose your sim and create account etc. Then once signed in and your SIM is bought and paid for (they take first month up front), then give them your PAC code.You will then get a confirmation email/text saying they are contacting your current provider. It should take 2 working days to transfer.I’ve just done all this on Friday https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1062823-bringing-your-old-number-over-to-smarty

So no need whatsoever to get in touch with o2 my contract last payment is on the 28th this month so if I take my pac to smarty do I do it before/on/after that date. And they’ll cancel my contract with o2?
DanSpaghetti16/09/2019 15:05

So no need whatsoever to get in touch with o2 my contract last payment is …So no need whatsoever to get in touch with o2 my contract last payment is on the 28th this month so if I take my pac to smarty do I do it before/on/after that date. And they’ll cancel my contract with o2?

No. Asking for PAC is enough. It’s to stop high pressure tactics from some providers when people wanted to leave.
StonkwellBogtrotter16/09/2019 15:06

No. Asking for PAC is enough. It’s to stop high pressure tactics from some …No. Asking for PAC is enough. It’s to stop high pressure tactics from some providers when people wanted to leave.

This is what confused me because back in the days of “Dave” would do his best to offer you best textings and datas.
Sorry for being a pain so my steps are now.
1. Text for my pac.
2. Order my smarty sim.
3. Put smarty sim in iPhone.
4. Log into smarty account.
5. Find somewhere to put pac code.
6. Be happy?
Do o2 take the last payment on the 28th and then that’s it no more from o2?
Cheers
DanSpaghetti16/09/2019 15:05

So no need whatsoever to get in touch with o2 my contract last payment is …So no need whatsoever to get in touch with o2 my contract last payment is on the 28th this month so if I take my pac to smarty do I do it before/on/after that date. And they’ll cancel my contract with o2?

Your PAC request is a maximum 30day notice period to o2 that you're off. o2 will only charge to the day that you use the PAC with a new provider, all subject to any minimum contract term. Be aware that your monthly cyclic contract payment date is rarely the same day of the month your contract started, or ends. Use of the PAC automatically terminates the donating contract / arrangement. If the PAC is not used within 30days of it being generated, the existing contract / arrangement generally continues as if the PAC had not existed.
AndyRoyd16/09/2019 15:52

Your PAC request is a maximum 30day notice period to o2 that you're off. …Your PAC request is a maximum 30day notice period to o2 that you're off. o2 will only charge to the day that you use the PAC with a new provider, all subject to any minimum contract term. Be aware that your monthly cyclic contract payment date is rarely the same day of the month your contract started, or ends. Use of the PAC automatically terminates the donating contract / arrangement. If the PAC is not used within 30days of it being generated, the existing contract / arrangement generally continues as if the PAC had not existed.

Much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants