Moving out UK QUESTION

Found 6th Dec 2017
when we moved 10th august 2016 we paid a month rent taking us to 10 sept and a bond. because the landlord is acting up we are moving out and was told today by idiot estate agent that we would have to pay when moving out. doesnt state in contact. tk my calculations if i give our 30 days notice 10 december /rent day/ and move out 9th Jan we wouldn't have anything to pay when moving out????? our last payment will be 10th December?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
If your contract is from the 10th it will end on the 9th as you say, so you would be too late giving notice on the 10th, it would need to be given on the 9th because that is a calendar month before you are moving out. On the 10th December you are paying from the 10th Dec - 9th Jan, so when you move out on or before the 9th January there will be nothing further to pay with regards to rent. I know lots of places charge for inventory checks etc etc though.
How long was the contract for?
Original Poster
Jay0802861 h, 11 m ago

How long was the contract for?

out of contract have been for months
Original Poster
MIDURIX1 h, 14 m ago

If your contract is from the 10th it will end on the 9th as you say, so …If your contract is from the 10th it will end on the 9th as you say, so you would be too late giving notice on the 10th, it would need to be given on the 9th because that is a calendar month before you are moving out. On the 10th December you are paying from the 10th Dec - 9th Jan, so when you move out on or before the 9th January there will be nothing further to pay with regards to rent. I know lots of places charge for inventory checks etc etc though.

huh? how if we want to out on on the 9th jan to avoid another payment of rent, we will have to give 31 days on 10 december and movig out day will be 31 days after 10th of december being the ninth of jan?
What did the estate agent say when you asked them how they calculated the final payment?
machomansavage8 h, 35 m ago

huh? how if we want to out on on the 9th jan to avoid another payment of …huh? how if we want to out on on the 9th jan to avoid another payment of rent, we will have to give 31 days on 10 december and movig out day will be 31 days after 10th of december being the ninth of jan?

You moved in on the 10th, so each month for you is the 10th to the 9th, including both those days, so if you give notice on the 10th you are already in that month, which would be too late.

Anyway, you could give notice now and say your final day would be the 9th, that would be the easiest way, you don't have to wait a month before it ends.
You'll probably get similar answers to last time?

hotukdeals.com/dis…943
MIDURIX35 m ago

You moved in on the 10th, so each month for you is the 10th to the 9th, …You moved in on the 10th, so each month for you is the 10th to the 9th, including both those days, so if you give notice on the 10th you are already in that month, which would be too late. Anyway, you could give notice now and say your final day would be the 9th, that would be the easiest way, you don't have to wait a month before it ends.

30 day notice
chocci38 m ago

30 day notice

I have never seen a tenancy agreement which says 30 days notice. This is from Shelter:

The end date of your tenancy must be either the first day or last day of your rental period. You can choose which one to use.

Monthly tenancy end dates If your tenancy started for example on 15 April:

• the last day of your rental period will be 14th of the month
  • the first day of the next rental period will be 15th of the month
It's easier to calculate the final month's rent if you give notice to end on the last day of the rental period.

So you can give notice on first of last, but last makes more sense because you will pay a full month rent for your last month.
If you were on weekly contract it would be incredibly unfair to give notice on Monday at 5pm that you want to quit that week (Sunday), because it isn't a full weeks notice. Giving notice the Friday before stating that the Sunday after will be your last day would be fairer and make more sense.
DemonOverlord3 h, 26 m ago

You'll probably get similar answers to last time? …You'll probably get similar answers to last time? https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/final-rent-moving-out-question-2809943

lol. i had a feeling of deja vu as i could swear this question sounds very familiar but couldn't remember whether it had been asked by the OP or someone else.

sounds like the OP did not move out after that previous post. this time round OP - you are correct and you don't have to pay any extra rent, and your last rent payment will be 10 December.
Original Poster
mutley17th Dec

lol. i had a feeling of deja vu as i could swear this question sounds …lol. i had a feeling of deja vu as i could swear this question sounds very familiar but couldn't remember whether it had been asked by the OP or someone else.sounds like the OP did not move out after that previous post. this time round OP - you are correct and you don't have to pay any extra rent, and your last rent payment will be 10 December.

Thank you!:) and yes it was me you got into a stupid argument with that other commenter. So thought I would re post
Edited by: "machomansavage" 8th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants